Skip to content

HONDA Staff blog: Back to the CBR CBR500R

You are in... Forums > HONDA > CBR500R > Staff blog: Back to the CBR

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Calton  says:

Staff blog: Back to the CBR

It was a huge relief to return from the States and get back on the Honda CBR500R. I'd had a fantastic time riding a Harley-Davidson Electra Glide down Route 66 and up the Pacific Coast Highway. But hustling such a big bike loaded up with wife and luggage had taken its toll. On the move it was brilliant but low-speed manoeuvres...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 July 2013 17:50)

Post a message in CBR500R

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Nice Report...

But I'm a little confused as to the fuel economy of the CBR500r......60 mpg...ridden conservatively...and within speed limits...? My Busa has just returned 51 mpg over a 1200 mile trip not ridden "Conservatively...at all.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Did the Harley

need it's valve clearances checked after 600mls :unsure:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
exceledsteve

Apr 10

exceledsteve says:

Oh dear,

It's becoming apparent why this is a budget bike. Average fuel economy, first service shock for the poor sod who has just shelled out for the bike, poor build quality despite efforts to keep it clean. Sounds like you might not have to worry about the 16k valve check though. It'll probably be in a skip by then.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

My 11 year old GPZ500S gets better than 60mpg

And doesn't have furry footrests. It did also have a 600 mile clearance check, but then again it was designed when Bond was Roger Moore rather than Daniel Craig.

Reply to this Topic
zoobaz

Oct 10

zoobaz says:

60mpg?

Yep Rogerborg - I've got a 23 year old ZX10 RX, still does 60mpg on the motorway, loaded up with hard panniers and top box, and still accellerates like a scalded cat... doubt the chinese honda does?

and the only thing fury on it is me... getting furrier actually - maybe I should do something about that...

Baz :)

Reply to this Topic
ruxxy

Oct 09

ruxxy says:

Pardon?

Is a "seeping line" something unique to a Harley? Maybe something in the trouser region?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices