Skip to content

Discuss This Decision day looming for Scott Redding MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Decision day looming for Scott Redding

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Decision day looming for Scott Redding

Scott Redding will agree a MotoGP deal for 2014 after this weekend’s German Grand Prix at the Sachsenring. That’s the easy part. Where and what he will be riding is a decision the 20-year-old will agonise over after the Sachsenring clash, with the Moto2 world championship leader certainly not short of offers. Red-hot rumour after he narrowly failed to claim a third victory...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (09 July 2013 10:19)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

idiotbindreaming

Dovi ain't leadind nothing this year thats why they want a rider on the way up to join them I hope to god Cal nor Scott do bgt go that way but it was very disturbing to see Del Boy wearing a Ducati shirt at Snetterton at the weekend all be it a retro trendy one , I hope Cal has words with him about that, as for your fawning over Dotti whens he going to turn things around or make Nicky look average keep tugging away as much as you like Benny boy your mans on the road to nowhere to join you

Reply to this Topic
Danny456D

Nov 12

Danny456D says:

Young with plenty of balls

Get on the Ducati and ride it like a maniac like Stoner did. Only decent option.

Reply to this Topic
pacman1967

Mar 13

pacman1967 says:

Look what happened last time

a "Rookie" jumped on a Ducati.

I know it's a very different scenario now, but I think most doubted Casey was gonna do much more than throw the Ducati at gravel traps. How wrong can you be?

Give Scott a go, he might be just

what they need, no preconceptions of what a MotoGP "should" be like. Just an ability to get on the thing and give it a go. Natural talent and fearlessness helps too.

Reply to this Topic
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

What happened Last time?

I assume Pacman your talking about Stoner but what about the Current talented rookie riding the a Ducati Andrea Iannone? perhaps you have forgotten him as he has completley dropped off the map? Many people (including myself) thought last year there was a chance he could tame the Ducati for much the same reasons you think Scott could but instead he has faded into obscurity. At the moment the Duc is a career killer unfortunatley it requires a rider with unnatural talent to ride it. The only rider on the grid who maybe has a chance of taming the beast is Marquez but even then I wouldn't bet on it.

Assuming Audi can sort the bike out Ducati may be a fair shout for Redding but I can't see the bike being competitive till 2015

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Because Diceman

Iannone rides like Rossi - passive smooth. He never had a hope in hell of doing anything on the Duke. Anyone who thought otherwise is a headcase.

Reply to this Topic
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

Nostro

I concede that I may be a headcase.

If Ducati are pinning their hopes of being competitive on discovering a new stoner-a rookie who can tame the Duc after the recent list of failures they are dreaming. The bike is unridable at the moment. So it's not a question of who can tame it, its a question of how long it will take Ducati to Sort it.

Redding won't tame the Duc and is taking a big gamble if he decides to sign for Ducati but if by 2015 they can put a competitive bike under him Redding could reap the benifits of  Audi money.

At the moment the Duc is a death or glory proposition- be the first one to get results on it and become a legend but fail and expect your career to be over.

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

its got to be

Bautista's or Bradl's honda. anything else isn't worth signing to another team for.

in which case buy a customer honda and stay with MarcVDS!

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

Stay away from the Ducati

No, Redding is not Stoner so just stop it. Iannone is a better rider than Redding and the only time you see him is in the gravel trap.

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Honda powered future

Gresini all the way - move to the Proddy Prototype for 2014 and be ready to take Bautistas seat in 2015 when he is finally kicked/jumps to Suzuki.

Ducati do not offer a path for the future, they dangle a hope of a better bike based upon Audi investment and ever changing structure within Corse.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Innone

What exactly has he done again???

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN