Skip to content

Discuss This Decision day looming for Scott Redding MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Decision day looming for Scott Redding

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Decision day looming for Scott Redding

Scott Redding will agree a MotoGP deal for 2014 after this weekend’s German Grand Prix at the Sachsenring. That’s the easy part. Where and what he will be riding is a decision the 20-year-old will agonise over after the Sachsenring clash, with the Moto2 world championship leader certainly not short of offers. Red-hot rumour after he narrowly failed to claim a third victory...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (09 July 2013 10:19)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Northstar

May 13

Northstar says:

Ducati.... Don't Do It!!!

Make the right decision Scott!! If you go to Ducati, you'll be cannon fodder for the press who'll blame you not Ducati. Rossi tried to tame it, Haydens tried to tame it & now Dovi's trying to do it all with NO success. Infact the CRT's are performing better this year & they have the might of AUDI behind them. With all due & respect, Scott look at all options & make the right choice, not the money choice!!

Reply to this Topic
Paddedcell100

Oct 12

No brainer

It has to be the Gresini in my opinion, it will be above the CRT bikes(and therefore above the Ducati most of the time as well) and if the rumours are true that the contract is offering a full fat Honda in the second year then happy days.... It would be perfect for Scott, a year to settle in with very little pressure and then onto the real thing. There is just no point going to Ducati, the bike is a lemon and fundamentally flawed somewhere along the line and I really do not think that simply having Audi backing is going to sort it, look how long it took Honda to get back to a championship winning machine and that's with all their experience, Audi have none when it comes to motorcycles and Ducati just seem to have lost the plot at the moment.... Take the Honda Scott and start off a cracking MotoGP career and give us English even more to look forward to on Sundays for the next few years....

Reply to this Topic
Paddedcell100

Oct 12

FuckwitBenny

I see the attention vampire is back then.....

Reply to this Topic
BarkerBill

Feb 12

BarkerBill says:

No brains

Now then Taffy, you're carrying on like Bonnie Tyler, squaky.

Bill

Reply to this Topic
BarkerBill

Feb 12

BarkerBill says:

On form today I note Taff.

Reply to this Topic
BarkerBill

Feb 12

BarkerBill says:

Too good for me Taff!

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Audi

are pulling out of sports car racing (LMP1), but are still going to spend the same amount of Euros on "other avenues of motorsport" for the VW group. Now VW are keen to get NSU motorcycles up and running again as they hold ownership of the name. So could Ducati Moto gp team be taken over and replaced by a German effort just like Brawn F1 was by Mercedes in formula 1? Then the smart money would be to go to Ducati and become the NSU no1 rider in 2016. Mystic smeg has spoken. Oh and diablre is right Lamborghini own Ducati not Audi on paper.

Reply to this Topic
BarkerBill

Feb 12

BarkerBill says:

Oh indeed Taff!

Reply to this Topic
BarkerBill

Feb 12

BarkerBill says:

AlexD,

with regard to your comments on Audi and VW.

You are of course fully correct with your details.

An interesting article in our local paper today reported that  both Audi and BMW have posted record profits, thus Audi on paper have a surplus of cash to spend on motorsports, however, the VW concern, as group leader, have just announced a collapse in profits of 45% in comparison to last year. An enormous sum I think you'll agree and thus cash may well prove to be a little tighter than one may expect, shareholders being what we are! 

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

A-Ha

many thanks Bill for the extra insight as I was unaware of this.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices