Skip to content

Discuss This Decision day looming for Scott Redding MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Decision day looming for Scott Redding

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Decision day looming for Scott Redding

Scott Redding will agree a MotoGP deal for 2014 after this weekend’s German Grand Prix at the Sachsenring. That’s the easy part. Where and what he will be riding is a decision the 20-year-old will agonise over after the Sachsenring clash, with the Moto2 world championship leader certainly not short of offers. Red-hot rumour after he narrowly failed to claim a third victory...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 285 days ago (09 July 2013 10:19)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

Huge chance to become a factory rider,pleeeaaaz benny  tell me what he ever done with it,the mans just a rolling road block, end opf.

Reply to this Topic
vds45

Jan 11

vds45 says:

Benny

You're talking stupid He has got a very good future in motogp Hopefully for a very long time

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

Did Dovi read his pitboard signals to let him know Brad was up his chuff,probably yes but was willing to sacrifice Ducatis point tally just to beat old man Hayden,SAD.

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

I don’t normally bother joining in all the dull waffle on here droning on and on about seasons from long ago BUT when Casey Stoner swung his leg over the Ducati it was because he had been ‘let go’ by LCR Honda. He was an angry young man who at that time had absolutely everything to gain and nothing at all to lose. In those circumstances Stoner was perfect, he had a lot to prove and needed a world championship to do so. In Casey’s world the bike was almost irrelevant – I reckon he’d have won on the Suzuki or Kawasaki too, his attitude was to prove a huge point to a lot of people in 2007 and he did it.

I reckon it’s that sort of rider Ducati need to be looking for in that sort of situation – someone who has got the speed but with nothing at all to lose and a hell of a lot to gain. If someone gets a few good results on the Duke they will be noticed immediately and announced as the second coming. Proven top riders aren’t the way at Ducati – well not until the Germans sort it out and get a bike that handles in the desired way. When they do, then of course a proven top rider will be the way forward.

Reply to this Topic
vds45

Jan 11

vds45 says:

Benny

Why don't you just die Just like your username did You jealous little bastard

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Options

Ducati - Factory team, 2nd tier team mate, 2nd tier bike, wishes of development and direction,

Honda - 2nd tier team, 3rd team team mate, 2nd tier bike, clear development path and route to factory bike

VDS + Yamaha - 1st tier Moto2 team, no experience of MotoGP bike/motor combination, team mate unknown, possibly lone rider with no reference point for data comparison, development path to be defined, 24 litres fuel, limited to 6 engines

VDS + Ducati - 1st tier Moto2 team, no experience of MotoGP bike/motor combination, factory supported non MSMA entry (see MotoGP article), team mate unknown, possibly lone rider with no reference point for data comparison, development through season as ducati throw money and resources to make it work, 24 litres fuel, more engines than are required.

VDS + Honda - 1st tier Moto2 team, no experience of MotoGP bike/motor combination, non MSMA entry  and ability to add thier own 24 litres fueltank if desired, team mate unknown, possibly lone rider with no reference point for data comparison, development through season TBC (bike is bought from honda therefore tank.frame etc are there for adpatation?).

On reflection, the VDS + Ducati route could be good, he will gain from the investment from the factory in bike development, tyres, fuel and number of engines available to him and the chance to prove himself before 2015 - if he signs a two year deal with 14 being the learner and 15 being in the factory with the bike he helped sort out...

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

Sales reps sick notes and pizza deliverers

Poor Ducati,beset by a couple Yanks and a couple Ities,they tried to turn things round by getting shot of the management, now its time to have a clear out of all these been there done nowt or past it riders.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Talking WSBK..

For the life of me..I can't understand why Ducati aren't talking to the sylph-like Chaz Davis?

Oh..hold on..he's getting battered by Bologna reject Melandri, on the same bike.

Enjoy your fish & chips bennyboy..

Reply to this Topic
vds45

Jan 11

vds45 says:

Banny

Do you really think I would tell you anything You complete Idiot :/ Can I ask you one thing Why are you so rude To other people I don't really understand ? You are rude to everybody You never have a good word to say What is your problem Be a man I'm fucking grow up

Reply to this Topic
jonnyrocket

Mar 09

jonnyrocket says:

Exciting times...

for young Scott, like to see him on the Gresni bike personally, a great prospect for motogp, exciting rider to watch.  This season he has really transformed himself from an also ran last season, to a real contender for the Moto2 title. 

VDS45...just ignore benny the idiot, that's the best way to deal with children of his age, there is a difference between constructive comments and insulting behaviour...benny seems to have missed that bit while at school.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle