Skip to content

Discuss This Decision day looming for Scott Redding MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Decision day looming for Scott Redding

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Decision day looming for Scott Redding

Scott Redding will agree a MotoGP deal for 2014 after this weekend’s German Grand Prix at the Sachsenring. That’s the easy part. Where and what he will be riding is a decision the 20-year-old will agonise over after the Sachsenring clash, with the Moto2 world championship leader certainly not short of offers. Red-hot rumour after he narrowly failed to claim a third victory...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (09 July 2013 10:19)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

fogno

19 podiums and 8 1st places isn't a bad record for Moto2. Especially as he was arguably not on the most competitive machinery. The reason I mentioned him is more to demonstrate that the argument a rookie with no experience is likely to get better results because the have no preconceptions of what a motogp bike should be like is nonsense.

Nostro- I'm not sure I'd agree Iannone's stil is passive but your entitled to your opinion.

As For Scott he's a big lad he'll make the decision he feels is right for him. Hope continues to do well in Moto2 this year and Motogp next year.

Reply to this Topic
ColonelClaw

Nov 12

ColonelClaw says:

2 Reasons

There are actually 2 pretty compelling reasons to go with Ducati, and this is for any rider on the grid. One, it's a MASSIVE pay cheque, literally millions in the full factory team. Anyone here who would turn down a 20x pay rise? And two, the bike can't be shit forever. Audi took their time when they got into sports cars ten years ago or so, but once they had it figured out they dominated, and still do to this day.

However, personally, I'd like to see Scott on the production Honda at Gresini. I genuinely believe that by the end of the year he will be beating Bautista, who will get fired, and thus gift him a seat on one of the best bikes there is.

Reply to this Topic
WillRTW

May 13

WillRTW says:

just 20 years old...

with already years in the GP paddock, experienced and super talented... if he keeps his feet on the ground and head straight he could have a fantastic future with Honda, proddie next year, Bautista's bike for 2015 (he will still be only 22 then) and then maybe onto the factory team... :) to partner MM... fireworks and fun for all..!!

He doesn't need to go to Ducati, he can earn good money later in his career and has too many other good options to make it necessary to take any risks at this stage with his promising career.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Ducati all the way

'Claw' nails it. With the huge Audi investment alongside their calculated approach, this bike will not be shit forever.

They're here to win and I've no doubt they will. Hopefully with Scott aboard. 

Reply to this Topic
WillRTW

May 13

WillRTW says:

they have had a few years...

already and are not any closer to the Japanese competition... and I don't think a lack of budget in that time has been the problem either... hey ho... scotty has a big decision to make but with the help of MB, who will know a lot of than us, hopefully it will be the right one for him.

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

Ducati

can i just point out Audi don't own Ducati.

Audi own Lamborgini which in turn owns Ducati, and they only own it in order to offset the carbon footprint of their big 4 litre v12 engines.(more small units offsets the goverment taxes)

with this in mind i don't see an awful lot of investment or change in the ducati team anytime soon. this is demonstrated not by the motogp debarcle, but by how badly the Flagship Pringle is doing in WSBK.

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

after 120 laps Scott got to 1.4 seconds off Rossis time,no big bike experience, carbon discs ,no set up and told not to smash it up.

Rossi picked up on Scott and said he was worth a punt,hey but what does Rossi know.

Reply to this Topic
bigbashbonanza

Mar 07

The duke's chassis still isn't right

And no matter who is riding it, it will eat its tyres before a quarter of the race has been completed. Scott needs an established bike in order to understand the set up, the ride and gain experience and confidence before moving onto the beast, and hopefully by then Ze Germans will have sorted the bike.

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

Dovis a prick who thinks if he's beats his team mate he's done the required,the guy should be demoted to moto2 at the season end

Reply to this Topic
vds45

Jan 11

vds45 says:

Benny

What the fuck do you actually know Absolutely nothing You are just guessing You have not got a clue What Scott Has been offered ... And why would you want to call scott a spoiled brat Explain ? Do you know who builds the frames for Ducati No but I will tell you suter Now you probably understand why they are struggling

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices