Skip to content

General Two years for the Troll.. General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Two years for the Troll..

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

Two years for the Troll..

Hurrah! :laugh:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-22839359

Hopefully some of the c0ck-suckers who like to troll this forum will take note. :mellow:

Give that judge a medal..... spot on :-

'Sentencing Elliott to 28 months in jail, Judge James Goss QC, the Recorder of Newcastle, told him the offences were driven by "no more than self-indulgent nastiness".

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (09 July 2013 14:49)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
obewan

Mar 03

obewan says:

I particulalry

like that the courts relied upon an Act written some 150 years ago that makes it an offence to make statements that are likely to cause fear of an act of harm.

Brilliant, and the last governement would have rushed to publish new Acts running to several hundred pages to help keep pace with the changes in technology.

No it was an offence to make folks fear for their safety and guess what it still bloody is. No need for new Acts of Parliament.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Does that mean

I ave a case against Osc with his threats (oh, sorry should read promises) of violence and cyber bullying toward me :unsure:..........:lol::lol::lol:........:lol::lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Preunit

I think I pointed out that it was an offence some time ago...

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Phil

can leave my panic room now:unsure:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

Nah

I'm gonna call bullshit on this one. Being nasty online is poor behaviour but it isn't a cause for prison; especially when the threats are entirely idle with no option of being carried out (like in this case).

By itself, this news story is no big deal, but in the space of a couple of weeks the UK government has:

A)Decided it can ignore agreed civil rights law for its own desires

B)Made it a criminal offense to talk bollocks over the internet

C)Decided to make it an imprisonable offense to wear a tshirt promoting a group the government doesn't like

All this is done under the usual catch-all excuse of "safety", which is just a quick get out to sideline any dissenting voice as some lunatic fringe who must be promoting active endagerment.

Just take a couple of minutes to think about what powers the above has granted the government when it comes to silencing those who don't agree with them. Then think about whether you might one day disagree with the status quo....

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Indeed

Prison isn't really the best thing to be doing to someone who was just being a twat, albeit causing significant distress. That he handed himself in after seeing the problems he'd caused and expressed remorse showed he probably didn't consider the effect on other people.

What it has done is make an example of him to show this kind of shit won't be tolerated. School shootings are not just a real threat in America, they're fairly common so you can imagine parents seriously shitting themselves. I think they needed to send a message, which they've done, but ultimately I don't think that this was a suitable sentence. That said, you quite possibly had the Yanks saying that they'd push for extradition if he didn't get a custodial sentence.

If someone can't be trusted with the internet, then take it off them. I think an internet ban and community service would have been suitable.

EDIT: Preunit - you have your kevlar on? Make sure you've got the groin extension and blast proof panties.

Reply to this Topic
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

Facebook

and the like are "active" communication methods. You have to actively go online, keep your account open to non-friends, and read the comments given. Its not the same as someone posting you abuse so it arrives unrequested in your house, or worse seeking you out personally.

IP searches aren't hard, so when so douchebag from Tyneside says he's gonna do school shootings in the US (whilst posting in Tyneside) the police might've taken a less reactionary view to the validity of that threat.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

HUH?.....ANichol

"It's a criminal offence to talk Bollocks over the internet".......Flick the Poo and Wee Outa...Me........wer'e all doomed........:shock:

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

snev

agree 

Phil, I've ordered the kevlar mankini.... after all, tis a tad warm at the mo :wink:

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

The

one with the ceramic nut cradle and nipple caps?

EDITED to add in nipple caps.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices