Skip to content

Ask an Expert Mod 2 big bike failed - What a plonker! Riding Skills

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Riding Skills > Mod 2 big bike failed - What a plonker!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

B4ND1T

Jul 09

B4ND1T says:

Mod 2 big bike failed - What a plonker!

Failed mod 2 today. 30 degrees, sweating like a bitch, nervous as hell, and examiners radio buggered so agreed to do test without using instruction and directions each step. 5 minutes into test came off dual carriageway sliproad behind a bus, remembering the instructors voice in my head, "be prepared to stop but go if clear and safe". Well, very quiet with no other traffic so after looking both ways followed the bus out only to find a nice white circle on my left!!! Yep, a mini roundabout. I watched in my mirror as the examiner went around the same bit of paint and thought "Oh S#!T, that's me failed!

No signs on slip road for mini roundabout but that's no excuse. Rest of the test went fine, 1 minor for missed observation. Obviously with the 1 serious it was a bit of a fail. Can't believe I made such a stupid mistake!

To cap it all off, CBT runs out midnight tonight so got to retake that before anything.

At least I did mod 1 and theory 1st time!!!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (09 July 2013 22:19)

Post a message in Riding Skills

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

You'll get it next time.

Some days are best written off. This is one of those. The next one will be plain sailing, just wait and see. Shame about the CBT, though.

Reply to this Topic
fogie

Jan 04

fogie says:

not to worry

plenty of time, you'll do it ok.   :smile

Reply to this Topic
shuggie1

Apr 07

shuggie1 says:

Chin up matey

do it again and pass, no problem.