Skip to content

Discuss This Video: BMW F800GS vs R1200GS and Triumph 800XC vs 1200 Tiger Explorer First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video: BMW F800GS vs R1200GS and Triumph 800XC vs 1200 Tiger Explorer

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: BMW F800GS vs R1200GS and Triumph 800XC vs 1200 Tiger Explorer

Do you really need anything bigger than the new F800GS from BMW? Is there any need for the larger R1200GS? And by the same token, why would you go for Triumph's larger 1200 Tiger Explorer when its 800 Tiger XC ticks many ofthe same boxes? Time to find out... brightcove.createExperiences();

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (10 July 2013 10:44)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Thought this was going to be a good comparison but the Triumphs hardly got a mention. Why were they there?

Reply to this Topic
DJSP2ROCKS

Feb 09

DJSP2ROCKS says:

All about the Beemers?!

This really should've been a 10 minute video! With four bikes being mentioned I thought we'd get a really good comparison of the four against each other! My missus loves riding pillion & we're planing a cheeky trip over to Europe and the purchase of a bike more suitable than my ropey 'ol Firestorm is in the pipeline! I've test rode and loved the Explorer XC but with little spare time would like to of heard an 'expert' opinion of the others in direct comparison! Size over performance over cost etc!

Reply to this Topic
955nsim

Jul 10

955nsim says:

Did I miss something ????

So lets see ,this article is about which BMW do MCN think you should buy,fair enough,we know that according to MCN,BMW can do no wrong,unless of course you are talking about KTM,which appear unbeatable.Why then even mention Triumph Tigers,which are quite clearly there as a backdrop and must have been found lurking nearby in the bushes or something when the video was being shot. Quite a strange little Vid really.What it is saying is that you should buy one of the BMWs and there is no question that a Triumph is even in any form of contention,move along,nothing to see here.A very misleading title to the video indeed.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Real World

Get a Honda NC700X, swap out tires, add some crash protection bits, and you have a bike some claim is better than the F800GS at half the price.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices