Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Norton Domiracer revealed! New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Video: Norton Domiracer revealed!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: Norton Domiracer revealed!

Stunning Norton Domiracer Revealed Chopped-down styling, open pipes, and carbon seat unit mark this limited edition Norton out as something special. brightcove.createExperiences();

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (10 July 2013 10:49)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

WTF??!!

I was gonna post about how cool this bike looks but as soon as I hit play on the video it said "it's not a runner..." I hate nothing more than fucking posers...

Reply to this Topic
gabbro

May 09

gabbro says:

Strategy?

Several years ago I worked for a company that employed a large number of talented engineers, all of whom had a  number of good ideas. The problem is the management allowed these engineers a "free hand" believing that they should not be restrained creatively. This resulted in a lack of strategic direction and products (albeit of high quality) with limited niche appeal. Sadly that company is no longer trading. Ring any bells?

Reply to this Topic
onearmedbandit

Aug 07

Untrustable

James Lansdowne Norton must be laughing - again. As soon as the old man popped his clogs, he cursed the name and other than a few blips on the race tracks, it's gone from pillar to post, from scoundrel to charlatan, bad to worse and now is just one big joke. The clown who now owns the name is full of shit and gives all the big talk then falls on his face every time. Unlike one John Bloor down the road apiece, who says nothing and just gets on with building top quality machines at a good price. Don't waste money on Norton, leave it, like Nigel100 says, to those who have too much money - that'll be Frank Westworth then....

Reply to this Topic
yaki

Apr 13

yaki says:

Available later in the year,which year would that be then 20never.It is sad that the name NORTON should be associated with the clowns that are running the name now, mcn must think its readers are fucking idiots and believe this horse shit.

Reply to this Topic
Arsey45

Jun 06

Arsey45 says:

Norton

I'm not sure about this bike. Track day only ? Very limited appeal. It seems to me that instead of wasting money on this project and the TT Aprilia disaster, they'd be far better off developing their engine. 79 BHP for the 916 engine is a bit pathetic. They need to develop their engine for 4 valve heads, DOHC, and water cooling like BMW and Ducati have done with their engines that date back many years. They have been able to get very impressive power output from these engines which you can trace back 40 years or more and that's what Norton need to do. Norton will never go far with the existing engine - it's just too dated and for some kind of sports bike, way to little power.

Reply to this Topic
andysal1959

Jul 13

andysal1959 says:

Why Bother

Norton is desperate the man in the video asks the price and when available He should have said when I pay Norton for this bike what year should I expect to see it The best thing for Norton to do is to give the money back to the TAX man and concentrate on selling tee shirts at lest the fantastic name of Norton wont be dragged through the mud for another year. Ride Safe Andy

Reply to this Topic
annajeannette

Oct 07

961 domiracer

Well  In 2010  we did a works tour  And at the back of the workshop was a prototype Domiracer , But Do not like it its no were near like a traditional Norton Cafracer .  and way the Mono shock  when Brian Chricton did testing on both types of shocker set up a mono shock and a twin shock , and his data told him that the twin shock was ten time better than any mono shock bike  so he went with his data on his Rotary bikes

Reply to this Topic
IanLoram

Aug 13

IanLoram says:

Domiracer

All these negative comments.  I expect none of you have even an ordinary 961 so listen up and you might learn something!  I actually saw and sat on a new Domiracer and forget the pictures in real life she looks fantastic (understatement) my son of 25 also thought it was the best looking cafe racer he had ever seen (he has a old style 750 Commando Cafe racer)  The exhaust pipe is a work of art and the tank quite something else. Why don't you think posative, Stuart Garner is creating a British bike made in our country using nealy all British parts he has a very high standard of components being used.  Yes, we all now of the early days and long waiting times but he is now producing so many parts in house, and this month moving a mile or so down the road to Donnington Hall into a factory unit which is about 5 to 6 times larger than the one he has as he had outgrown the old unit.  I also have witnessed on three visits over the last 12 months how stock levels have incresed vastly.  I have also spoken with several main suppliers who have confirmed how since this type of time last year how many parts they are now regularly supplying and can tell you they do have their act together!  So look positive and think Stuart Garner has risked his own money just seems to eat, sleep and work Norton.  He has a wonderful bike in the 961 and anywhere I go on mine crowns still gather and on seeing have only ever given posative comments!  he has created a limited edition of this new Domiracer and before the actual launch a week or so ago sold all bar about 12 of them I understand.  You can have a road going version and I would be so proud to have one.  You can't run before you can walk but unless you are in business and know a bit about the complexaty of building bikes and all it entails could not expect much more than whaat has been produced so far.  But I understand plans are afoot to create more different bikes but give him a chance!  Be proud what he has produced, it was a feat in itself to get the Norton name back into British ownership, he is helping to revive the motorcycle industry in this country which is a great thing.

with low volume bike production the prices second hand are keeping up so well that I could sell mine for what I paid for it.  Try doing that with your other brands!

Please don't think I am trying to be nasty to you directly but have had a bike for 3 years and fully in touch with things fellow bikers need to know the other side.  By the way my dike did Lands End to John O' Groats last year and had no problems at all nore did my three mates who were also on 961s

Ian 

Reply to this Topic
andysal1959

Jul 13

andysal1959 says:

Domiracer

IanLoram comments are his views which is fine but to me the bikes look heavy and ugly seeing them in the IOM the rear light mounted deep within the seat looks dangerous from the side view and the Domiracer thing looks stupid the exhaust being open is asking for plod to nick the poor sap riding this garden gate look alike. Andy

Reply to this Topic
strongez

Nov 13

strongez says:

Any more news on this bike. All seems to have gone very quiet and there's little on the Norton website. Mouthwatering prospect though. Very personal judgement, a bike, but to me this looks nigh on perfect and the MCN front page, where I first clapped eyes on it, is forever etched in my mind.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices