Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Ron Haslam talks Bridgestone T30s General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Video: Ron Haslam talks Bridgestone T30s

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: Ron Haslam talks Bridgestone T30s

MCN caught up with racing legend Ron Haslam recently to talk about Bridgestone's T30 sports touring tyre - the new rubber of choice for the Ron Haslam Race School. brightcove.createExperiences();

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (10 July 2013 10:50)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Sounds good

Are there any Bad tyres anymore though ?......can't say I have really noticed over recent years tbh....not since the Phantoms and Road Runners of the 80's....But then again they were better than previous options.

Reply to this Topic
frugaltail

Feb 12

frugaltail says:

Pay me

If I were sponsored by Bridgestone I would probably rate them too..... Probably pays £50 a set in return for some hype... Useless review really, mcn your killing me guys! Can't you just review all the sport touring on two or three control bikes and then rate them in preference order... Even better do it on the street?!?!!! Where we actually use them... I don't care how good a t30 is on track when it's designed for at least 70% road use!!

Reply to this Topic
petedj

Jan 11

petedj says:

dump the 'kin ads. I don't need this crap.

Reply to this Topic
venturer

Jan 04

venturer says:

Err on the side of grip

the bike mags have been pushing sport/touring tyres as being good enough for sports riding on the road. Well if your a fast road rider, the more grip with a sports tyres means you can ride faster n safer.

Yes, the fact that a modern sports tyre might have more grip then you could ever use on the road just gives a bigger margin of safety, the difference could be sitting upside down in a field wondering why you crashed. Err on the side of grip.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Wet Grip

venturer - Since most bikes (including race replicas) will run out of ground clearance before traction in the dry, I would rather err on the side of more wet grip, even on the track*.

And unless one is racing, using race tires than need tire warmers and still go bad after a few heat cycles is a waste.

*Last time I crashed on the track was in the rain.

Reply to this Topic
andybow1

Oct 11

andybow1 says:

Amazing

Went to haslems last week on the elites and used these tyres, could not believe the grip straight out of the pits, yes it was warm, yes it was dry, but there was no sliding or losing grip at all. They definitely get my vote! Will be sticking them on my speed triple when the current tyres need replacing!

Reply to this Topic
Ams944

Apr 09

Ams944 says:

I have put these on my F800ST and some 2000 miles later I can confirm they are awesome. The level of grip is staggering and if the wet performance is as good then it is an improvement on the BT23 (which was a very good tyre in its own right) that bodes well for everyone.

Reply to this Topic
wa11ace

Jul 13

wa11ace says:

Always been a big fan of Ron Haslam

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle