Skip to content

Discuss This No factory Yamaha future for Cal Crutchlow MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > No factory Yamaha future for Cal Crutchlow

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

No factory Yamaha future for Cal Crutchlow

Cal Crutchlow’s ambitions to be a factory Yamaha rider in MotoGP in the future appear to have all but vanished, with the Japanese factory reluctant to guarantee him a works YZR-M1 in 2015.The British rider told Yamaha management in meetings during the recent Assen round that he is willing to stay in the satellite Monster Yamaha Tech 3 squad for...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (10 July 2013 13:46)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

Fuck off Benny ye sad tw4t.

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

Here we go again 50% of the comments by fuck all else to do BennyBinLaden,like I said sad tw4t.

Reply to this Topic
matto3227

Nov 07

matto3227 says:

Public matter???

I really like Cal, always have since his early days in BSS And BSB... fantastic rider and it's great that there is now a British rider that could now be considered an "Alien"

My one bugbear is these kinds of statements and interviews. Alot of the riders are in very similar situation to Cal, however you don't see them feeling the need to be constant talking about it in the media. I agree, he does deserve better, however, surely it's this kind of talk in the media that has basically lead to Yamaha freezing him out of their plans. They don't want riders who are going to go and on about their contracts and wages etc... They want someone who can seperate this side of the buisness, and when infront of the media pull on the team player personality and talk about how great the bike is and how good the sponsors are, and how much they are looking forward to the next GP. and more importnatly they want someone with an ego, but is still humble and doesn't expect the big deals or the big bucks...

I will get dogs abuse for saying this... but Cal should take Valentino as a shining example of how to handle switching teams and difficult situations. Much was written about Rossi and his issues with Ducati and the move to Yamaha, however he actually said very little until after he had moved teams. Up until the end Rossi despite being in a bad place was still positive about Ducati and giving off the image the the team was going forward and bike could be sorted. This is what the big factories want.

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

Was expected news,I was just expressing my hate of you.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

This is hardly surprising

With their existing pairing of the world champ and the marketing gymp of course Yamaha's plate is full. Cal is doing well, but he's hardly in a position to be able to demand.

Light a Marlboro Red Cal and roll the dice.

Reply to this Topic
WillRTW

May 13

WillRTW says:

Tis always darkest before the dawn...

Cal's great performances making others look very very average, Dorna and Monster will be that dawn i suspect... Ahhhhhh, I think can see and smell the first shimmer of a rising sun... hopefully...! :)

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Cal

I think Cals just a bit long in the tooth for Yamaha to be making plans for his future as a full on works rider , fast enough or not they like bouncey chaps who recover quickly , I'd like to see Cal doing well in GP for another year or two  He's a step forward for UK riders the last rider who sort of matched Cals performances is Niall MacKenzie who had a venerable career in GP without topping the podium .

Reply to this Topic
WillRTW

May 13

WillRTW says:

Next season WSBK??

you a betting man BBL? you seem to know a lot more than me, and I am willing to take a punt on that not being the case... So, an easy bet for such a confident and knowledgeable individual as you :)

Reply to this Topic
WillRTW

May 13

WillRTW says:

ahhhh

you edited your post again!! lol, not a great habit BBL... and for the record, you added 'or Bradl's bike'

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

you added 'or Bradl's bike'

No he didn't.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle