Skip to content

Discuss This No factory Yamaha future for Cal Crutchlow MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > No factory Yamaha future for Cal Crutchlow

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

No factory Yamaha future for Cal Crutchlow

Cal Crutchlow’s ambitions to be a factory Yamaha rider in MotoGP in the future appear to have all but vanished, with the Japanese factory reluctant to guarantee him a works YZR-M1 in 2015.The British rider told Yamaha management in meetings during the recent Assen round that he is willing to stay in the satellite Monster Yamaha Tech 3 squad for...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (10 July 2013 13:46)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
WillRTW

May 13

WillRTW says:

DT...

see BBL's comment... I think you  will find he did.

Regarding Bradls bike... that would be awesome, I think CC would do very well on an RCV.

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

No

You're wrong.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

No room at the Inn..

It seems decisions to prematurely sign Bradley on a cast iron 2 year deal, alongside that of Crutchlow himself to only sign for one-year last season, are coming home to roost..there's simply no room for Cal at Yamaha.

I don't think Yamaha are going to supply a 5th bike, even if they could persuade Carmelo to backtrack on his 4 prototype maximum for each manufacturer rule.

Will Monster stump up tens of millions to create a new 1 man team for The Brit..without a win?

Are Iwata quietly hoping someone else will take Crutchlow off their hands..still angry with his propensity to blurt everything to the press telling everyone how much he deserves stuff, which shows no sign of changing?

Do the Japs feel let down by Cal's disloyalty, being so bullish about going to Ducati until it blew up in his face, last year?

There is only Haydens seat up for grabs, by the look..unless Ducati dump Spies and run a 3 bike Marlboro works team.

Nicky is well thought of, wants to stay and complete the job he's been in on from the start and gives the factory good exposure in America. Off the bike he plays the company PR game with a straight bat..a safe pair of hands as they say.

Have Cal Crutchlow's antics really got the people who matter on his side?..or are they laughing at him, rather than with him?

Reply to this Topic
WillRTW

May 13

WillRTW says:

I will assume

English is not your fist language DT.

On a more interesting subject BBL, is there any particular reason you suggest Bradl's Bike? I thought he was likely to get his second year confirmed shortly?

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Bradl's bike

Thought that ship had sailed when Honda took up the option on him?

Cal - take the year at Tech3 with some more cash, and maybe some more podiums, then jump on the Suzuki in 2015.

Reply to this Topic
vds45

Jan 11

vds45 says:

Banny

I see you're been a nasty little man again You just can't help yourself can you

Reply to this Topic
vds45

Jan 11

vds45 says:

Benny

You have not got a clue So keep your opinions to yourself Thank you

Reply to this Topic
WillRTW

May 13

WillRTW says:

I was aware

of Bradl's situation but assumed cos of the large German market and there currently being no other German or even northern European rider on the grid he would get the 2nd year confirmed... despite his lack lustre performances in 2013... hey ho, even in a year when most of the top riders are in 2 year contracts the speculation regarding what's left is still interesting.

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

Lots of riders

I think the biggest problem Cal has is there's actually lots of very good riders out there. The top four seats aren't going to change next year, then there Alesh (spelling?) Esparagaro who's fantastic and his brother Pol who's a shoe in. The other players in the bigger satellite teams are doing well enough not to be replaced with many of the younger riders really stepping up in the last few races..... difficult for Yamaha to guarantee him Vale's seat in that situation...

Reply to this Topic
WillRTW

May 13

WillRTW says:

Aleix

for sure deserves a good ride next year... cant understand so much interest in his younger bruv when he is already there and performing so well. He is only 23/24 himself after all.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices