Skip to content

Discuss This No factory Yamaha future for Cal Crutchlow MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > No factory Yamaha future for Cal Crutchlow

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

No factory Yamaha future for Cal Crutchlow

Cal Crutchlow’s ambitions to be a factory Yamaha rider in MotoGP in the future appear to have all but vanished, with the Japanese factory reluctant to guarantee him a works YZR-M1 in 2015.The British rider told Yamaha management in meetings during the recent Assen round that he is willing to stay in the satellite Monster Yamaha Tech 3 squad for...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (10 July 2013 13:46)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
VonStalhein

Feb 13

VonStalhein says:

As bad as the Ducati is, I guess it would be better than having no ride for 2014 ?

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Bennybinbannedagain

Brillant MCN you finally got it right,now keep am firmer eye on this morons ip address ,To all the other posters sad to say it but it's soooo nice when he goes into meltdown and banned mode,Benny read it and weep your not welcome or wanted .persona non grata ,you mug ,ha ha ha

Reply to this Topic
nigel100

Jan 05

nigel100 says:

cal

its all very well saying that Cal is right to be effectively proactive but it didnt work in Sheenes day and I know for a fact it is still this way now. Plus you have to look at things from Dornas point of view . If he was the only brit in the field they would be putting funds behind him to keep the race attractive to the brits but now we also have smithy and he has a contract for a year more so who are you going to fund?

Sadly I dont think Smithy is good enough he lacks the killer instinct time will tell

but will dorna fund 2 brits I doubt it, However If Yamaha has signed espargaro I think they have made a big mistake because putting Marquez aside every other rider has taken at least a year sometimes 2 to get up to speed in moto gp and that will leave tech 3 unable to help yamaha out if one of their riders has a problem, Cal can at least fill in and maybe with a bit more work on his riding style he can win, but win regularly against the 4 who are regularly ahead of him ,, Not yet.

It is a difficult call but I dont think Cals brusque personality does him any favours where it counts.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

When Rossi and Lorenzo are there contracted till 2015 there is no chance but there could be an alternative to it Yamaha giving Cal factory support.

Reply to this Topic
BarkerBill

Feb 12

BarkerBill says:

Cal is not going anywhere.

Of course he's hyping the Ducati thread, merely trying to show his worth and possibly cover his back just in case he does end up on the shelf, however, that won't happen. Take another look at the article entitled, Dorna boss: Cal Crutchlow pivotal for MotoGP and look very closely at the picture. Very closely. There you see a slick business man who is handling a major earning asset with due care and attention. Carmelo Ezpeleta, whilst possibly not everybodys cup of tea, is above all shrewd and cunning. I said cunning . . . Read a few of the comments he has issued regarding Crutchlow's explosive performances and the new interest he has generated and it is only too clear he will not let the Coventry chap slip into obscurity. In that sense, thank goodness for the Spaniard though in virtually every other sense he seems to have ruined motorcycle racing as I once knew it. Loser will ultimately be young Bradders, who in my opinion is not up to the job. Contracts are written to be broken and with Monster, Tech 3 boss Herve Poncherall et al fighting his corner for him, Cal is looking fairly safe, though I agree, he should curtail some of his critical utterings. I'll throw this at you though for a finish -- he may well finish up on the work's Honda currently being chauffeured by Dani Pedrosa. The fellow has had ample opportunity, unfullflled and Honda now have a newer, better Spanish superstar. As for The Circuit of Wales  -- Baaah.

Bill

Reply to this Topic
ElDiabolico

Jul 13

ElDiabolico says:

Cal is no Alien yet

Dovizioso did more than him last year and was not considered an Alien.

Aliens win races regularly and titles. Cal has still a lot to prove and still a lot to learn, specially PR talking...

ps. At the moment he is bouncing on the gravel in turn 11...

Reply to this Topic
ElDiabolico

Jul 13

ElDiabolico says:

RawDog

Rossi is not only more valuable Marketing wise. Rossi has 9 WT and still wins races...

Cal has 1 Supersport WT and some podiums...

I believe there is an abism between these two riders. Sorry, you will have to stick to Britain's Got Talent TV show.

Reply to this Topic
ElDiabolico

Jul 13

ElDiabolico says:

Barker

I am no fan of Pedrosa but I wouldn't say that a rider that won half of the races last year and half of the ones this year is a chauffeur...

It is good to be proud of being Britt with a Britt rider on GP but from that point to get Pedro's bike... dillusional.

Cal is the best of the rest with a very similar bike - as officially stated - to the guys in front. I only hope that he gets a shot on a full factory bike to realize that he will finish in the same position...

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

you can

replace the deleted posts very quickly, I have no doubt.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
simondick76

Jan 09

simondick76 says:

Bad

Crash Crutchlow had at turn 11!! Had a crash this morning as well at turn 1. Hmmm expensive. Plus not clever when your trying to impress teams.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices