Skip to content

Discuss This Should Norton build a more affordable Domiracer? New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Should Norton build a more affordable Domiracer?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Should Norton build a more affordable Domiracer?

The new Norton Domiracer, unveiled in this week's MCN, is a limited edition cafe racer from the revived manufacturer with a carbon seat unit and open exhausts. No official price has been stated yet, but it's expected to be under £20,000 excluding VAT. Should Norton build a more affordable version? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (10 July 2013 15:28)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

Why?

its aimed at the high end of the market and for people who don't want or work or make  their own bikes!

if i wanted a bike like that i'd build it myself for possibly  a quarter of the price!

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Looking at it, there's a headlight but no other concession for road use so I presume its not for the road, so why a headlight? No number plate, indicators or road legal pipe! A bit confusing as to what its for, but looking at how little of it there is, if its over 10 grand, its not worth it. What's the bhp? And it will be ready later in the year? What years that then? How many people laying down deposits have been told that?

Reply to this Topic
bikerpete51

Apr 11

bikerpete51 says:

Norton

Looks nice.  But  while  Domiracer  was an appropriate name for it in the 'sixties it hardly deserves the "racer" moniker now if it's still using that pushrod motor (ohv) or have Norton seen fit to upgrade it? Nothing against pushrods but... At 20k it's out of my reach anyway so good luck with it Norton.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Yes

Norton should build some bikes.

Reply to this Topic
phantombiker

Jul 13

phantombiker says:

great looking machine

I like it but the price tag is way out of most biker's reach. As others have said though, why the headlights but open exhaust? What market is it aimed at?

Reply to this Topic
Bikerste

Jan 13

Bikerste says:

British Bikes always cost more

Why is it that as soon as a bike is made in England it cost the earth to buy one? I love the British bikes, but they always cost to much so everybody buys the jap bikes instead, come on Norton make it so everybody can have a chance to own one if they want to.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
burningbush

Jul 09

burningbush says:

re: Bikerste

I've always found Triumphs to be good value when compared with similar Japanese offerings.....

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Build a more affordable Domiracer?

Firstly, find out how many people are interested in buying one in the first place. Then decide on building a cheaper version which would happen how? Take the headlight off? There doesn't seem to be any corners you can cut with this bike as it appears to be the most minimalist bike I've ever seen. I'd still like to hear some performance details!

Reply to this Topic
zoobaz

Oct 10

zoobaz says:

pb back page from the 1980s...

And this month's readers special was thrown together by... Stuart Garner from Leicestershire... Cheers, Baz

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

I dont see the point of building a bike with such suspensions and brakes, when engine isnt going to make you go that fast...I mean on a Panigale I get it, but this to me is just like a bonneville or Scrambler. Nothing wrong with it, but I wouldnt pay over 12000$USD for it.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices