Skip to content

Discuss This Should Cal Crutchlow take a Ducati MotoGP seat if it's offered? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Should Cal Crutchlow take a Ducati MotoGP seat if it's offered?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Should Cal Crutchlow take a Ducati MotoGP seat if it's offered?

Cal Crutchlow's chances of a Yamaha factory ride seem to have all but disappeared, so should he take a gamble on the Ducati if he gets the chance? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (10 July 2013 15:45)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Insults

I'll throw them at the morons who come on here bitching that they have to pay to watch the sport they supposedly love, then threaten to watch it for "free" on the interent, or go and watch WSBK. You want it for free and have a say in things? No, piss off.

I get one reply gxionrat, 'cause that's all you've got. The facts have been laid out for you but, being too stupid to understand, you resort to that age old insult of troll.

Cal hasn't got a factory ride because; he's not good enough, he's too old, he's not wanted, he crashes too much, and I imagine, the factory bigwigs aren't too keen at his constant bitching about his equipment. Although to be fair that hasn't surfaced as much recently. A word in his ear maybe?

Plenty to engage with there, but you won't 'cause it's all true.

Reply to this Topic
britri123

Dec 07

britri123 says:

Please dont do it Cal its a pile of shite

Reply to this Topic
RevNutz

Jan 13

RevNutz says:

He can't be fooled by Stoner's minimal success

Ducati obviously had an advantage in 2007 over Yamaha and Honda and Casey used that to his advantage, that's why he won the championship. But many riders still like Cal, still seem to believe that if they ride it hard, it will work. The fact is though, it doesn't work, and it never will work.

Reply to this Topic
gixanator

May 13

gixanator says:

i agree Brit but we don't know what Duke are saying to Cal, they must  have offered Vale the earth in the belief that if Casey could do it so could he.

Vale and JB were confident but by all accounts no-one listened to them and i can't see tham listening to Cal other than the belief that he can do a Casey with enough promises.

the Duke flattered Stoners skills so who knows, Cal might be the next Stoner, after all Stoner wasn't exactly setting the world alight before his WC for Ducati, OK 2nd in the 250's after a good few years in the relative wilderness(i.e, every gravel trap between here and the moon!!!!!!!!!)

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

He can't be fooled by Stoner's minimal success

'RevNowt', what world do you live in?

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

IF

He wants a factory bike it looks like the only way.
Good money too but a huge risk to his career.
Yes there might be a remote chance Cal would adapt to the bike but highly unlikely considering its lack of success the last few years.
Ducati could eventually come good with a new bike but by that time CC would be passed his best.

Suicidal move which I hope he does not take.

Reply to this Topic
huggydave

Aug 12

huggydave says:

Would like to say the ducati has brembo's, ohlins suspension, very powerful engine and the same bridgestones as everyone else, surly HEADHUNT some of Hondas or Yamahas frame designers if there blokes aren't good enough! Use audis money to pay them a fortune and hey presto , cal crutchlow potential championship contender on the desmo

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

IMO there is jus't no telling if it would be a good or bad move by Cal? Personally i reckon, if Cal really want's a factory bike? Ducati is the brand that will give him one, plus a great paycheck. And who knows, Ducati might put a great bike on the grid in 2014. The chances of that really happening are slim, but are not out of reach. As i have said before there is no Adrian Newey in Motorcycle racing. By that i mean if the Red-Bull car isn't the best at the start of the season, it will be at the end. In Bike racing there is a genuine chance of Ducati out foxing the Japs. It's a slim chance, but it's there. Can't understand Yamaha? Give Cal a factory ride at Tech-3 , with 5 engines a season. How much would that really cost Yamaha?

Reply to this Topic
Krapp

Apr 13

Krapp says:

People here started dreaming too soon and see now what happens. Reality strikes and they keep fooling themselves.This is the first step, the hallucinations, second step is depression. Acceptance of reality. Our boy is not good enough.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Hmmmm

There is something familiar about your musing Krapp.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices