You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > One Rule for "Them"

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

snev

Jan 11

snev says:

One Rule for "Them"

On my recent trip to Cumbria...I came accross a Safety Partnership Vehicle...causing a Traffic Jam on the M6 ...He was Doing 80mph as measured by my Sat Nav...I followed Him for approx 45 miles......Only a few cars went passed. I chose not to as you never Know what sneaky devices these erm.......People....may have. Anyway I waited until he pulled off and continued on my way at a speed that I felt safe and Comfortable. Back to work and

My Friendly Delivery driver got a £60 fine for doing 64 in a 60 zone........WHAT THE FUCK...?????? 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (10 July 2013 19:35)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

A personal fav of

mine .........he still might have to pay the fine tho :smile

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Oh and to confuse matters...

My Friendly Van driver was driving a car derived van.....in a 60 zone and the ...."revenue collector" was driving a Commercial vehicle at 80mph .....HUH?.....

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Maybe this will explain it

better :unsure::unsure::unsure::smile

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

nope

but I may find a 40 something Virgin........:shock:

Reply to this Topic
norris

Nov 02

norris says:

Mmmm

A safety scamera driver pulled into Squires Sunday. Spent a good while taking photographs of bikes/helmets/number plates, then sat waiting for the owner of a bike with a number plate not to specified size. He did eventually make a speech to the people with families sat enjoying the sun/carvery/meals/drinks et al to what the heinous crime they were commiting. Then they wonder why people have no respect for them. Easy targets.

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

I might get everyones back up now

but we all know the law so if we choose to break it then why is it upsetting if we get caught?

If we decide to have small plates, loud cans etc we are not lacking intelligence to know that if we get caught it would be a travesty would it really?

Our local bike meet that I don't frequent, the local law are always there so if you know then expect it.
I have an illegal can and smaller plate, I know that's why I don't go.

Didn't see the vids but it aint rocket science.  As for bad driving then they are every where unfortunately

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

DO NOT

UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES VISIT THE SOUTHEASTERN UNITED STATES if these types of things bother you.  :ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
shuggie1

Apr 07

shuggie1 says:

64 in 60?

Strange one as ACPO guidelines are posted limit plus 10%, so definately worth a challenge, as speedos always read higher. Guess he was probably on 70 ish and they formally recorded as lower number? 

Reply to this Topic
Anonymous

Anonymous  says:

if i see one parked up

I gonna rub dog shit on the door handle !

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

I must say

That I agree with babyblade. We know what the law is and what the consequences are if we choose to break it. It may be pathetic little things but it's still the law, we know they target them (rape and murder are obviously too hard) and we know we'll get a fine, etc. You can't complain if you've knowingly broken the law.

If you've bought a bike from a dealer with a non road legal can on it but weren't advised and you're new to biking then yeah you can complain if you get done. But only about the dealer, not about the cops.

I don't think anyone should be done for speeding below 10%+2mph as to keep to this requires an unrealistic and sometimes unsafe level of attention to be paid to the speedo when there are other issues around. The motorist would feel a lot more relaxed and pay more attention to other hazards were this degree of flexibility made law.

It's shown on some TV programs that they ignore people going 80 in a 70 and only go for the really excessive speeders who aren't drifting over, but intentionally flouting the law and risking other people's safety. This should be the aim. Unfortunately targets are what they are and it has led to things like the use of 17 year olds with beards (who look older than me) for alcohol test sales rather than 13 year olds as they're now trying to catch more people rather than target those who are intentionally selling to minors. This leads to 18 year olds working part time during a degree or whatever getting criminal records which screw up the chances of them getting a proper job.

There's a lot of working to the letter of the law, not the spirit. We know this and therefore when we overtly and knowingly break it we can't complain about the consequences.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices