You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Clothing > Securing Helmet to Bike

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

kierran87

Sep 12

kierran87 says:

Securing Helmet to Bike

I have just recently passed my test and bought myself a 2004 Fazer FZ6. I take my Wife as pillion daily, and i have been doing some research on securing our helmets to the bike. Most of what I've found is negative, and there doesn't seem to be a fail safe way of securing them to bike, barring locking them in a top box (Which i am on the look-out for). Does anyone have any suggestions or alternatives to this until i buy a top box?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 July 2013 14:10)

Post a message in Clothing

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Ginnelli

Mar 07

Ginnelli says:

Helmets

Hi kierran87. I used to put my chain through the visor slots on my full face helmets then chain them to the front wheel. It depends what sort of helmets you have. My brother fastened his onto his bike with the metal fastening tag but someone cut the strap and stole it. Best solution is to take them with you.

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

helmets

If you DO chain your lid to your bike, DO NOT let them sit on the floor, or even near the wheel. You're just asking for a passing dog to cock it's leg and soak your helmet.

Get a Givi box that will take 2 lids.

Reply to this Topic
kierran87

Sep 12

kierran87 says:

My thoughts

That's what i thought, people just cutting the straps. I do want to take them with us, but if we want to walk-around the forest or go for a picnic or somewhere there isn't lockers, then it's gonna be a pain lugging 2 helmets round with us.

Reply to this Topic
kierran87

Sep 12

kierran87 says:

Givi

That's what i want, can't because of budget, and can't find any second hand atm either.

Reply to this Topic
fogie

Jan 04

fogie says:

top box

M&P list universal top boxes that'll fit to a givi plate at a LOT less money than givi...........  should see you right. mandp dot co dot uk.  

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

Givi

A mate has these on ebay.

They are great for the price. You will need the PROPER Givi fitting kit and plate though/..

Reply to this Topic
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

I just lock my helmet to my handle bars or to the grab rail with a cable lock

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle