Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi eager to continue Assen revival MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi eager to continue Assen revival

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi eager to continue Assen revival

Valentino Rossi is eager to understand if the winning form he re-discovered in the recent Assen MotoGP clash carries on into this weekend’s German round at the tight and twisty Sachsenring. The Italian won a premier class race for the first time since the Sepang race in October, 2010 with a vintage display in Holland that saw him capture an 80th...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 July 2013 17:50)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
colvill1

May 09

colvill1 says:

You are slating the most successful chief engineer and the greatest rider of the last decade. Do us all a favour with your world nr.6 comments and shut up

Reply to this Topic
Parkway70

Jun 09

Parkway70 says:

Nostro...

Just who is the 5o'clock hero?...well blow me, the Worlds nr 602.6750 thinks that its taken a nine time World Champion a long time to get the Yamaha to perform how he needs it to be!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

May I remind you of the points table Pogo

The world nr.6 is riding his favourite armchair. The bike he raved about the moment he slung a leg over after a two year absence. Yet it's still taken him 6 months to cotton onto a straight forward front end spring adjustment?!  As our recently deceased American Jihadi would say - this is simply not factory standard performance. Is nr.6 clutching at straws yet again? Probably.

Reply to this Topic
colvill1

May 09

colvill1 says:

It was all a fluke nastro. I mean it's not like the 34 year old has won 80 races before is it . That's just being silly. I must be getting the world nr.6 mixed up with the guy who was 125,250,500,990 and 800 cc world champ.And don't forget his daft crew chief. I nearly got him mixed up with a guy called JB that won all those world titles with another shit rider called Mick Doohan. Silly me

Reply to this Topic
colvill1

May 09

colvill1 says:

Is winning a moto gp race at 34 clutching at straws.I think you could be clutching at straws . Are you sure your not Steve Parrish as he goes by the name nostro bellous and he talks shit as well

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

I think some here under estimate the scale of the problem

with the softer front tyre. Afterall, one guy found it so difficult to get his head round that he simply gave up and went fishing.

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Setup

Cal's been on his bike for three years and still can't get off the line or run a decent pace at the start.

Dani gets away well but he's struggling to make the tyres last.

Bradl? Still fumbling for that elusive setting after nearly two years.

Marquez is struggling at the start and now having those rookie crashes.

Jorge was looking masterful, got a little cocky, and is now compromised.

They all have their issues Nostro. Has VR really solved his? Here's hoping.

Wonder what goes through the heads of all those that don't like him (because of his fans, obviously), and boldly predict his demise, but at the same time never cheer when a rider fails. Some kind of mental eunuchs those fucko's.

Nostro excluded. At least you're up front in your dislike of the man.

Reply to this Topic
Parkway70

Jun 09

Parkway70 says:

The Boy with the thorn in his side!

..is the Worlds nr.602.6750! Please leave us your number Nostro.Anyone out there with set-up woes,ring this man and he will immediately have a solution to any motor-cycle problem!! 

Reply to this Topic
VonStalhein

Feb 13

VonStalhein says:

Jeez !

For those folks that reckon it took Rossi's team this long to find a "simple" set-up change, I reckon you are underestimating the fix. The last time Rossi was on the M1 it was an 800cc bike which was lighter (with possibly slightly different weight balance - not sure about that tho). So previous data going back to the last time they had the bike may and/or does not apply so possibly they had to start from scratch for this season in that regard. Tyre construction would have altered too. Also, there's a lot more to forks than just springs. And even so, there are so many possibilities with the springs - damping rates, degrees of progession, spring length etc. With all these permutations, I reckon it's feasible that it would have taken any other rider/team combo just as long to come up with a solution given a similar move to another bike. Stoner going to Honda being the exception.....they gelled immediately  !

And before I get attacked by the haters, I'm not a "fan boy" ! Just my 2 pennies............

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

He is also using Lorenzo's slightly stiffer swinging arm.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices