Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi eager to continue Assen revival MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi eager to continue Assen revival

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi eager to continue Assen revival

Valentino Rossi is eager to understand if the winning form he re-discovered in the recent Assen MotoGP clash carries on into this weekend’s German round at the tight and twisty Sachsenring. The Italian won a premier class race for the first time since the Sepang race in October, 2010 with a vintage display in Holland that saw him capture an 80th...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 July 2013 17:50)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
rocketri17

May 12

rocketri17 says:

Nostro

World number 5 to you sir.

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

It's about more than that though, Nostro

There's more to this than going out, banging in three laps and setting the lap record on your first flyer. Stoner's great gift obviously was finding the limit almost immediately. Rossi himself said it of Casey in Faster, or Fastest, can't remember which one. Plus, let's not forget that the 2011 RCV was sorted, after 4 years of hard graft by HRC. 7 podiums for Dovi that year, and I'm sure he wasn't getting the support he should have got.

He (Rossi) needs to chip away and work towards a setting he could use, that let him fight for the wins. No shame in that. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses, including Casey.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Rocketman

I think you'll find nr.46 is the 6th rank rider in the world this year. Or do you hand out Christmas presents at Easter?

You saying the M1 nr.6 threw a leg over for the first time this year was not a sorted piece of kit in the manner of the 2011 RCV Doubter? Sounds like excuse making to me.

Reply to this Topic
rocketri17

May 12

rocketri17 says:

Nostro

At the moment he is at number 5.. I'm guessing he will move up during the course of the year..

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

That's the problem with the bedwetters

Simple concepts escape them completely.

Reply to this Topic
ElDiabolico

Jul 13

ElDiabolico says:

Nostro used to open the devil's door in Fable...

Thank you for showing us that a "men" can stick to his obsessions no matter what...

Sorry to spoil you this one but Santa are your parents.

Rossi is climbing his way back to the top and you are still trolling him around with 0 (Z-E-R-O) credibility at all levels.

"Who's ever denied that the Duke is difficult?" Pathetic. Check your hundreds of posts stating otherwise.

And guess who is bringing Stoner to the conversation again. Run out of trolling ideas?

Change your name to "Nostro Espiritu Santo" and go convince people to believe more in the Lord, or stay, open the door and dance with the devil...

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

You're feeding the trolls

again people.

Reply to this Topic
pogo_it

Jul 05

pogo_it says:

yamaha a sorted bit of kit

Im sure the yamaha was a sorted bit of kit nostro, sorted for their number 1 who it has been developed around for the last few years, not sorted for someone with a different riding style. Being an ex racer you will no doubt know that what is perfect for one might not suit all, and starting from someone elses settings it can be difficult to reach a set up that suits your particular riding style. Also I know I dont know exactly how you would stiffen up the first part of the stroke without also slowing up the latter part, perhaps you could enlighten me. If its terrible for burges and rossi to take 7 races to adapt to a new bike and find a setting that they are happy with then what does that say for honda notbeing able to make the tyres last or the bike handle on worn tyres for dp? Or ducati make a couple of changes and make the desmo work?

Reply to this Topic
gixanator

May 13

gixanator says:

or to put it more simply Pogo, if the bikes were perfect for everybody out of the crate why the need to make them adjustable?

remember also that when you adjust one aspect of the handling it changes another so the belief that "ah, just stick some more comp. damping to make it better" mentality is a little facile unless someone here has set a MotoGP 1000 up and can let us know how incredibly easy it is?

the bikes don't get a lot of track time, relatively, so a lot of the work not completed in the close season is done at the track, if you don't have a base setting for front suspension it must be a nightmare doing it on the hoof with a race always 2 days hence.

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

and why not?

After all, the more wins the more grotesquely overpriced helmets you can move. Apparently it comes with a "double D retention system" which is probably appropriate given the size of most of the girls i've seen in VR46 t-shirts.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices