Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi eager to continue Assen revival MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi eager to continue Assen revival

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi eager to continue Assen revival

Valentino Rossi is eager to understand if the winning form he re-discovered in the recent Assen MotoGP clash carries on into this weekend’s German round at the tight and twisty Sachsenring. The Italian won a premier class race for the first time since the Sepang race in October, 2010 with a vintage display in Holland that saw him capture an 80th...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 July 2013 17:50)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
VonStalhein

Feb 13

VonStalhein says:

Mmmmm....

....Double D.......nice !

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

It's hardly surprising

someone called Pogo has no idea about progressive springs.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Pretty sure your a spring nostro but regressive, with zero adjustability. Nice to see Jorge and Cal reacting well to the threat of a new challenger from Yamaha..

Reply to this Topic
pogo_it

Jul 05

pogo_it says:

progressive springs

Nostro, a progressive spring is. One in which the force required to compress it a certain distance increases the further you getthrough the springs compression,. As rossi and burgess were looking to reduce the initial compression not the latter stages of compression this would be exactlynthe opposite of whwhat they needed, interestingly of course it would be impossible to creat a spring that worked the opposite way, as the softer part of the spring would automatically compress first, an interesting conundrum to be sure, unless of course in nostro world you would simply need to turn it over?! I would think the setting changes would have had more to do with increasing the slowspeed compression damping to slow the initial pitch but leaving the highspeed compression freer to allow the suspension to soak uwp the bumps. At the same time I would assume the usage of a stiffer spring to further slow down the initial pitch, but obviously this would lead to issues of their own, h.love to know how you would have sorted theissue nostro

Reply to this Topic
ElDiabolico

Jul 13

ElDiabolico says:

Nostro a racer... Ah, ah, ah...

If running for the toilet paper is racing... Then yes he is a true champ (or chump)... I've seen your pictures on your relic... What a racing style! Ah, ah,ah...

Reply to this Topic
gixanator

May 13

gixanator says:

Pogo

you're absolutely right, now stop feeding the troll please.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

There you go

Pogo's figured out one potential solution with a few minutes trolling the internet. Again - why's it taken Jerry and the Pacemakers six months?!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
pogo_it

Jul 05

pogo_it says:

nostro

No searching of the internet dear boy, just a bit of knowledge, which is admittedly a dangerous thing. I didnt comeup with a solution nostro, far from it I just pointed out the falacy in your reply. Sosorry to feed the trolls, I am very weak willed!

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Hahahaha..progressive springs?

Hahahaha..if it's not Rossi shooting Nostro's credibility to shit, it's pogo.

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

This is quite a good article discussing suspension profiles. The other classic way to introduce a digressive response is a stack of belleville washers. Do Burgess and the yellow one not have access to the internet?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices