Skip to content

Discuss This Scott Redding closing on Gresini Honda MotoGP deal? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Scott Redding closing on Gresini Honda MotoGP deal?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Scott Redding closing on Gresini Honda MotoGP deal?

Scott Redding is on the brink of signing a deal to move to MotoGP with Fausto Gresini’s Honda squad in 2014. The agreement would see the rising British star, who is currently leading the Moto2 world championship by 30-points, ride a production Honda RC213V in 2014 before switching to a prototype machine for 2015. Talks between Gresini and Redding were first revealed...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (12 July 2013 09:27)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Sign Scott

For the love of the little baby Jesus sign.

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

oh happy days! they need to jettison the Showa forks and get back to Ohlins, theres a reason why practically the whole grid use them

Reply to this Topic
Penfold705

Jul 13

Penfold705 says:

As much as it would be great to see a Marc VDS team running Scott in the big class, I think this is a better option than trying to build and set up a bike around an M1 engine. The production RCV might not be truly competitive but it will give him a year of learning on a 95% bike and 2015 could see a real breakthrough performance. Hope it comes together for him, he's a sound lad.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

ooohhh, I wonder what other trucks Redding has been furtively sneaking into? There's pro's and con's to all three of these rides. The young man is spoilt for (second tier) choice really. Good luck to him whatever seat he decides to plonk his arse on.

Reply to this Topic
ColonelClaw

Nov 12

ColonelClaw says:

Sweet

This is the perfect way in to MotoGP for young fast riders, looking forward to Scott beating Buatista next year on the odd occasion. Shame Yamaha don't do a similar cheaper bike.

Reply to this Topic
simondick76

Jan 09

simondick76 says:

Gresini

I think this would be a good signing for Scott. Prob the best of the 3 options. Until the Duke is sorted out I would stay well clear as I could potentially think that it could destroy his confidence if things don't go well and it's not always possible to get the confidence back after it has been shattered. Scott's a super talent and a really likeable lad to boot. Would love to see him in moto gp next year and wish him all the best in whatever he decides.

Reply to this Topic
Penfold705

Jul 13

Penfold705 says:

FP2

Scotty's just topped FP2 with a 1'25.152 :)

Reply to this Topic
simplebystander

Oct 10

Have to agree it does look the best choice for Scott out of the three possible options in front of him. Slightly disappointed for him though that a full fat prototype isn't being offered immediately though - think he has more potential than Bradley Smith, and if I'm being completely honest, also Pol. Will be interesting to see if he can get in amongst those two next year on the 'production' bike..

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

entry level??

if Scott wins the moto 2 title why would he want to settle for less than a prototype??? pol and marquez both walking in with better tools. its bollocks again and Spanish rules macing the series their own,until another Italian wins.!!!

Reply to this Topic
vds45

Jan 11

vds45 says:

I couldn't agree more

Spanish bullshit Give Scott a factory bike And he would kick There ass For factory bikes Three Spanish rider And one Italian Complete bullshit

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices