Skip to content

Discuss This Midsize cruisers owners needed! First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Midsize cruisers owners needed!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Midsize cruisers owners needed!

MCN are looking for owners of midsize cruisers for an upcoming test. Specifically we're looking for owners of the 1997 - 2007 Yamaha XVS650 Drag Star, 1995 - 2004 Kawasaki VN800 and 1997- current Honda VT750 Shadow. We'll be using the information to help with our article and there may be a chance you get featured in the paper. Just fill...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (12 July 2013 11:21)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

How many stone

does a midsize cruiser owner weigh?

Reply to this Topic
chriswren

Jul 09

chriswren says:

No idea about how much they weigh but whats the betting that everyone of them is an accountant :-)

Reply to this Topic
xvash750

Jun 12

xvash750 says:

Not an accountant

Virago 750 owner from the age of 19, currently 21 and am a student ;)

Reply to this Topic
chriswren

Jul 09

chriswren says:

xvash750 I'm guessing your a training to be an accontant then?  :-)

Reply to this Topic
xvash750

Jun 12

xvash750 says:

Chriswren

Hahahaha god no >.< musician, going on to be a teacher :) musician,="" going="" on="" to="" be="" a="" teacher="">

Reply to this Topic
bikerpete51

Apr 11

bikerpete51 says:

middle cruisers

Will look forward to reading that, I've often looked at the XVS650 and thought yeah nice looking bike, it may well be an alternative to the wrist/back/neck ache I get from riding my sportsbike. Only thing puts me off is the lack of visibility/vision in traffic from the low slung riding position. Looks comfy though... 

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Cruiser Comfort?

While a cruiser may feel comfy when you sit on the bike in the shop, consider the following:

• Standing for any length of time* is difficult to impossible;
  • Most have traded off suspension travel for a lower seat height;
  • The riding position provides no cushioning for the spine when the suspension bottoms out.

*I recently road several miles of road with severe heaves standing the whole time on my Bonnie**.  If I had been on a Speedmaster, I would have had to take the same bumps seated.
**I rode the same road seated on the Dullsville, which has a very plush ride (and seat) compared to the Bonnie.

Reply to this Topic
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

Piglett

US improters drop the suspension for the slammed look for their domestic sales. UK importers tend to keep the longer shocks for improved ground clearance; and some Sportster models even come with a different set of Euro-shocks as standard fit over here.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Same, Same

ANichol - The UK and US Speedmasters have the same suspension travel.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Even so, the ergonomics are mince

Foot forward controls let you stretch your legs, but unless you move the bars back you're bent in a U shape to reach them. My remit for a new bike was a low seat, comfort, and easy torque, and an F650GS (twin) fitted those requirements far better than a cruiser (and yes, I've had a Virago).

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices