Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow escapes serious injury after two fast practice crashes MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow escapes serious injury after two fast practice crashes

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow escapes serious injury after two fast practice crashes

Cal Crutchlow’s bid for a fourth MotoGP podium of 2013 got off to a painful and tough start in Germany today after the British rider was left battered and bruised after two heavy practice crashes. Seconds remained in a cool and cloudy FP1 this morning when Crutchlow lost control of his Monster Yamaha Tech 3 YZR-M1 in the braking zone for...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (12 July 2013 17:11)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Once in a race in 2012

That's a bit selective. You say arrogance Nakamoto says immaturity. I see a pattern of trouble with crash, 8th, 1st, crash/4th season over, but Bulto constantly homes in on that win as proof there was nothing wrong. I'm one of the few Rossi fans on here quite willing to concede Valentino's weaknesses, because I know a huge part of sport and of life is dealing with your failings and playing to your strengths. You, df do give some ground at least. Listening to the others, you'd think Casey could part the seas.

Reply to this Topic
Smackbum

Jun 11

Smackbum says:

The elephant in the room ...

...is NOT Wositroll (contrary to popular belief).

It's the tyres!

Why are so many riders having major (i.e. championship altering) offs this weekend?  What happened to the special tyres that were supposed to eliminate the nasty high-sides that the electronics solved years ago?

Bring back the tyre wars, I say!

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Stonerettes..

You fishbait should know the score by now..bring up Stoner and you're toast.

Bulto did it first here, with a direct reference to wosi & it would have been rude NOT to respond in kind to such crying & bleating. He's had a tough 2 weeks since Rossi won, so we'll forgive him though. 

The relatively mild response was countered by DF, who got the hump after wosi took the piss out of his totally predictable comment. He was so incensed, he'd forgotten the reference to 'sensitive internet fanboys' and made himself look a complete plum. It was funny and pretty fkin typical btw..

Go on..take a deep breath..re-read this thread from the start? I think you'll see what I mean.

I'm thinking of approaching VR46 to have some T-shirts made up for you fucko's..

Nice quality fruit of the loom numbers in navy blue.

Aussie flag styled connotations with a Kangaroo, emblazoned with "Official 27er merchandise"..on the front.

On the back.."Shut-down by wosi..woof-woof"

20 bucks a pop, whadya reckon?..hahaha  

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

I have no problem DT

acknowledging Valentino's overall greatness as a rider, and his record obviously at the time Stoner retired greatly surpassed Stoner's and was always going to surpass Stoner's even if he hadn't retired young.

I react to criticism of Stoner, not praise of Valentino, just as you guys bristle at detraction from Rossi, and  there was rather a lot of detraction from Stoner before there was basically any in regard to Valentino. There are those who might see some connection between the latter and the former, but I guess only if overly wedded to Aristotlean logic.

The facts are that Stoner rode two of the greatest seasons in history and won 2 championships in as dominant a fashion as most of Valentino's and Mick Doohan's championships. Sure he could have won more championships as they actually did, particularly the 2012 championship, but if he didn't have it in him then he didn't have it in him. He may have crashed anyway at Indy, as Rossi did at Mugello in 2010, whatever the calibre of his opposition or the other circumstances at the time, it happens, that's racing. That he didn't win the 2012 championship doesn't, however, mean he didn't win the 2 championships  Wosi and his usual cohorts and to a lesser extent you wish to airbrush from history/dismiss by specious arguments.

If you wish to call winning a championship and 23 races on an 800 Ducati the equivalent of walking on water, I won't argue with you.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Get off your soapbox..

DT wasn't asking you to acknowledge Rossi DF..he made a point in response to Bulto's blubbing by asking for clarity on apparent double standards.

This was met with feeble whinging blaming wosi.

You reap what you sow pal..especially when it comes to planting up fields of self satisfied Barley.

Giggle..Snort..

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Widdy

Tell me what you do all day long then Bulto, I,m surprised you havn,t choked him by now. You shovel it in all day long

That might prove difficult as I don't have daytime internet access during the week and at weekends I've better things to do....

Wosi's problem is he and his brethren swallowed hook line and sinker the TV pundit and media hysteria that Rossi could walk on water and had no shortcomings. If he got beaten it was because he was disadvanged in some way. If he won it was because of his superior skills. There has never been any backdown from this and they still hold to it to this day.

They couild never accept that he could be beaten fairly and when he was they tuirned their venom on the riders i question. Stoner got it more than Lorenzo. They can't accept that Rossi has displayed a rather nasty side to his character towards fellow riders over the years either.

I've no probem with how good a rider he is, he's one of the best there's been and still is. The messiah he isn't and the Ducati showed he isn't as verstaile as some would like to believe, as does the time he has taken to set up the Yamaha to his like this year show that he can't get results on a bike until it is just right. The latter should also clear up any notion that the bike he jumped on in 2004 was already a well developed piece of kit, not a piece of crap that he turned around in a few hours of testing.

I'm sure Wosi will air his view when he's finished choling on this....

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Wosi

Just a couple of points. If I was half the Rossi fan that you claim to be I would be much more excited by the fact that if Rossi wins the next two races ( quite possible ) he puts himself right back in contention for the title. And with all his competition riding injured, has a serious shot at the title. Instead you come on here going over and over the same old shite from five years ago. Stoner's gone, move on. Rossi's only got a few more years left so why not enjoy it while you can.

Secondly,you bang on about fanboys, orange tinted spectacles and blinkers without seeming to realise that you are the most blinkered poster on this site. Not everyone worships him like you do. It's called difference of opinion. Rossi is a good rider, one of the all time greats. But until he wins more titles he is the third equal greatest of all time. Going by the stats that you love so much.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

I see Wosi that others

got my point about irony, which you unsurprisingly didn't.

I actually replied to your contention about Stoner crashing frequently in the lead in races when in contention for championships, which as you haven't acknowledged he didn't do in any of the years he really was in contention, and definitely not  in the 2 years he actually won. Given your propensity for nit picking minor details in the arguments of others whilst apparently believing glaring deficiencies in your own arguments can be overcome by constant repetition I wasn't going to let that one pass, particularly in a thread where you and Hugelean would appear to draw personal vindication from Jorge's and Dani's misfortunes as BB says. My discussion with DT stemmed from that, and I am sure he can argue better for himself than you can for him if he so desires.

Reply to this Topic
huggydave

Aug 12

huggydave says:

Cal and casey similar riders?

Before you all swear at me hear me out, both are missiles with open track ahead, a little more bhp and cal would surly be p1 or 2 every qualifying, and if starts were good enough could possibly gap them, then the not so good, neither the best at hard braking overtakes, cal looks better than last year but buckled when Rossi got him at quatar n assen when nearly torpedoed Marquez, with that much extra speed could of rode around the outside of him and final point, both have a habit of bloody huge crashes, cal very lucky to walk away from waterfall crash, stupidly fast crash, could cal be the second to tame the desmo, I'd love too see it but doubt cal could tame it, best of luck to him today, no Lorenzo to get in his way and possibly no pedrosa, the perfect chance to latch onto Rossi n Marquez and count the laps down for a fantastic race!

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Perhaps it's a track record of humourless repetitive dross that had me flummoxed DF?

How many times have we heard.." I have no problem acknowledging.."..YYAAaawn.

Bulto, Queen of the bottom lip draggers, thinks you're funny?..fuck sake you dolt, spare us.

I guess you missed the irony of responding like the over sensitive #27er you are, immediately after wosi finished laughing and joshing about soppy stoner fanboys?

No..of course you didn't. Which is why you're talking like a tart and making stories up..

hahaha..fkin priceless.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices