Skip to content

Discuss This Andrea Dovizioso wrecks new Ducati chassis MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Andrea Dovizioso wrecks new Ducati chassis

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Andrea Dovizioso wrecks new Ducati chassis

This is Andrea Dovizioso’s high-speed crash in Germany (yesterday) that wrecked Ducati’s hopes of getting priceless date and information on a brand new GP13 chassis. The Italian tested the new frame in Misano last week and with a slight improvement in the final part of braking he opted to run the only one available during this weekend’s German round at...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (13 July 2013 14:26)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
colvill1

May 09

colvill1 says:

Nastro has gone silent. Thought dovi was going to show us how good the duke is. Or let me guess its all down to Rossi the duke is crap

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Understeer haunting the Ducati this is getting to breaking point I wonder what Audi has in store it maybe a good paycheck but the bike is a pile of shit Dovi's worse night mare accepting the ride oh well same can be said about the other riders Iannone, Hayden and Spies especially BS yes he has a horrible season but to leave a top bike like Yamaha and ride this joke of a bike is asking for more trouble.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Nostro silent

Hey! Where is my old Ducati Trojan.? Tell ya what. All it takes is a 1st corner squabble to see Ducati in the mix. I hope it comes to pass. Al the best to Stefan Bradl. I don't reckon Sir Arthur Harris will smile on him.

Dresden close to Sachsenring.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Don't know exactly why, but to me every Ducati has had understeer since Bayliss rode the first one. I think maybe you've got ride these bikes like they were an F1 car or something; loading the front up hard under brakes to get it to stick around the corner. I sure as hell wouldn't be able to ride a bike like that, probably crash first time I tried it. It sure isn't the way most riders would natrually ride a bike, as it's contarary to what we've all learned: Brake before you turn. I was looking at some of the onboards with the telemetry, and Rossi along with Marquez, were getting plenty of brake action at 55% lean. Would have been  nice to know what proportion of that was be front brake. Some of the commentators thought quite a bit, but who knows?

Ducati are doing something fundamenally wrong. It would have been nice for them to be regular podium placers. The riders they have should be able to get at least a few podiums each a year. It isn't happening so, it makes Stoner's achievements on that bike seem incredible. The only man ever to have tamed the red beast from Bologna, and he's an Aussie!.....I wish them the best.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Dovi..Ducati..and not taking responsibilty.

Nothing to do with the new Chassis..all down to Bridgestone?

The throttle goes both ways Pal. You go too fast, you fall off.

Ducati are in hole.. fans, riders and management are looking to pass the buck, same as usual.

Bridgestone seem to be the whipping boy now that Gobmeiers new Corse can't sort it themselves. 

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

I also wonder how many engines Dovi has left after that horrible fall.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Now C'mon Wosi..

..do you really need reminding of all the times you tried laying Ducati's woes at Stoner's Supertech's?.. Careful stepping off the high horse pal, I wouldn't want you to break anything...

Reply to this Topic
BarkerBill

Feb 12

BarkerBill says:

Extreme Testing

Can we expect a statement from the Rev. regarding the Scarlet Pimple Neck's latest woopsy . . .

Reply to this Topic
ElDiabolico

Jul 13

ElDiabolico says:

I thought

Ducati's crap performance was do to the 2 years Rossi gave wrong development tips...

Or the previous years when Stoner started to go backwards...

Oh wait...! Perhaps I was right when I stated that it is not the riders fault but Ducrapi's R&D?

Does Dovi start to sound like Vale? Is the bike finishing in better positions now? If I recall, Vale didn't had to fight with the CRTs...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices