Skip to content

Discuss This Dani Pedrosa unsure of Sachsenring start MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Dani Pedrosa unsure of Sachsenring start

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Dani Pedrosa unsure of Sachsenring start

MotoGP world championship leader Dani Pedrosa remains a doubt for tomorrow’s German MotoGP round at the Sachsenring after he suffered a sickening high-side crash in this morning’s third free practice session. The Spaniard plans to have a medical check in the morning after a massive crash at the first corner left him with a small fracture in his left collarbone. The Repsol...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 280 days ago (13 July 2013 18:06)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Dani needs

to be on the grid tomorrow, if possible, this year will be his last chance for a shot at the title.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

damage limitation

He should ride for points not wins in the next two races to keep in touch with Marquez .If it was'nt for bad luck Danny wouldnt have any.

Reply to this Topic
JustBe

May 09

JustBe says:

hmm

He should just coast round and get 5th or something.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

It's not his shoulder but the bash on the head, which may still have him feeling poorly tomoz.

You've gotta feel for the little critter..it's a tough old world.

Here's hoping he feels well enough to try warm-up.

If he does go ahead..I don't think he will figure, but any points could make the difference come season's end.

Breathe..Want it..

Reply to this Topic
RevNutz

Jan 13

RevNutz says:

He needs to ride

Not just to pull more points on Lorenzo, but also to keep Marquez and Rossi as far away as possible, because they're both getter stronger, especially Rossi, at this rate, a 10th world championship is definitely a possibility.

Reply to this Topic
Revilo612

Jul 13

Revilo612 says:

Real shame for Dani

He's been really unlucky with injuries throughout his whole career. Most of the time it isn't actually his fault, and this one wasn't either. I'd like to see Dani racing tommorow but if he crashes again like he did coming through the field in Misano last year, then I fear that he may be nearing the end of his career which is a real shame, because he's a great rider and he deserves to win at least one MotoGP championship, but perhaps he can't handle the pressure.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Agreed RevNuts

I hope he is cleared to race and just play the percentage game. However,he's a racer. If he is cleared to race he give it all when the visor comes down. Inasmuch as the title chase is concerned,should he not race, Rossi will smell blood. Given that scenario, its intrigueing. Can Rossi get a 10th title or can Marquez set another record ? Whichever way it pans out,I hope this season turns into a 2006 cliffhanger for the title as I do every year. Who was the bloke that choked in Valencia back then ? Of course I'm having a dig at you Wosi. Enjoy the racing and good luck to all.

Reply to this Topic
gixxersixxerman

Mar 12

I always loved when Karma caught him, what he did to Hayden and all.. But enough is enough.. I don't like him all that much, but would rather see him lose fare and square then by accidents.. I don't like seeing any rider hurt.. I don't mind watching the Hondas fall, but would like to see them all get back up and walk away fine

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

What a strange crash. It seemed like he highsided while he wasn't on the throttle. Wich jus't doesn't happen normally. I was really hoping Dani had an injury/bad luck free season. Hope he can ride tommorow.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

I feel for farmer George and Danny boy. More drama than a soap-opera! It's going to be one heck-of-a season; couldn't pick a winner for the Championship, let alone this race. One of 4-5 guys could pull the rabbit out of the hat. My take is that the rules vis-a-vis traction control, have made the riders threat these 250bhp monsters like 250GP bikes, with a nitro-roid injection of course, so when the limits of the computer programme are reached, the let-goes are huge; reminiscent of 500GP highsides, but with even more energy. A twisty track with huge elevation changes and different combinations of camber sure tested things. In Typical German stlye, the limits are reached and exceeded.

IMO, a standard ECU without traction control should be implemented. Ironically it's too much traction control that makes the riders disrespect the bikes. By that I mean, they are using whatever they're given and push the boundaries, with the inevitable line-crossing ensuing, leading to the  bone breaking. They are being thrashed the same way I used to thrash a CR-80 when I was a kid; with none of their skills of course. You shouldn't be able to do the things these guys do on a bike with 250 bhp. Take away the traction control and there'd be more action. More blokes making regular yet small mistakes, would compress the field and make the last 5 laps a real dash-for-the-cash.

Today I reckon it'll be Marquez and Rossi par, with Crutchlow and Bradl in the mix.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle