Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

roseyeric

Oct 11

roseyeric says:

MotoGP

Another great ride from Cal.

Threatened to hunt Marquez down for a lap or two but still a great result. How can this man not be sorted for a top tide next season?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (14 July 2013 13:44)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
roseyeric

Oct 11

roseyeric says:

A

good ride from Smith too

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

If he ever

learns to go fast on the first few laps with a full tank and convert his great front row starts into something he can build on,he will win one of these things for sure:tongue:  

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
roseyeric

Oct 11

roseyeric says:

agreed

it's just a matter of time

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

too bad

most of the viewership in the UK won't be able to watch it as it'll probably be next year and it'll be on a stupidly expensive channel. :mad:

Reply to this Topic
roseyeric

Oct 11

roseyeric says:

good

point.

well made phil

Reply to this Topic
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

Cal

a supreme talent not doubt. But there isn't really much in the way of options for him.

He's getting a bit too good / expensive for a sateleite team. If he goes to Ducati, he'd better get used to top ten being a 'good day' again.

The only facotry teams worth bothering with would be Yam or Honda. Are they going to give up Pedrossa, Marquez, Rossi or Lorenzo on the gamble that Cal will be X amount better still? I doubt it.

What he needs is a Dovi or Ben Bostrom-esque 3rd factory bike. But that presents the challenge to manufacturers of diluting the score of their top riders 3 ways and having a rival manufacturer walk away with both championships.

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Well thought out ANichol

and in part right,there are not enough good works bikes to go around again with the talent out there,the Ducati at this moment in time is a career killer so i hope he doesn't go there.The only doors open at the moment seem to be Pedrosa's ride ! Honda have told him and Puig that if he,they don't deliver a world title to them this year you're both gone?(they have both been with the works Honda team for 8 years now without a title).So that could be a ride for Cal ?the other way if Yamaha want to retain him is to give him a full works big in the Tech 3 team and works riders money,which i believe in negotiation Yamaha has been rejected:upset:.Thing is if he keeps on beating Rossi on the works bike i would have thought that would give them some incentive to retain him?but the Jap's play funny games as we all know.  

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

2 good posts guys and..

all true.

However.. Has Bradl got a deal for next year on the Gresini Honda?? Also.. Cal has said he's willing to do another year on the Tech3 machine if he's lined up for a future factory ride... Well, we all know who's intending to join the party in 2015 so maybe Cal should do just that then jump to the Suzuki when/if it materializes..

In terms of pure racing/future I think Cal is a better bet than the ageing (and recently beaten by him) Valentino :shock: but Vale is Mr. MotoGP in terms of popularity/sponsors/fans so that's a shame.. I say move over Vale, go race cars.. you're awesome but too old for the knocks of bike racing now..

D'ya think Lin Jarvis secretly wants Cal???????????

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

indeed Cal

did say he'd stay at Tech3 if he was promised a full factory ride in 2014....to which Yamaha replied 'no thanks'    Personally don't think Lynn Jarvis wants Cal, doesn't seem to enthuse over him anyway.  As things stand there isn't a rideat Tech3 next year anyway, due to Bradley and Espagaro deals.......he's getting pretty limited on choices, the Pedrosa thought is a good shout though, how long can HRC keep backing him, at least they wouldn't lose Repsol backing with Marquez on board..................and there-in lies a lot of Cal's problems, he doesn't seem to be able to drum up any meaningful sponsorship to bring to the table.

Reply to this Topic
mostlyslowly

Apr 09

mostlyslowly says:

Does the

bigger possible sales audience in Italy/Spain affect who the top teams want on their machines? Sports bikes sales in UK are said to be dropping, is this the case in Europe?

I reckon another year at Tech 3 and try for Vale's ride if he retires

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices