Skip to content

Discuss This German MotoGP: Marquez scorches to win MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > German MotoGP: Marquez scorches to win

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

German MotoGP: Marquez scorches to win

Marc Marquez has scorched to victory in Germany, taking the win easily despite a late challenge from Cal Crutchlow. Valentino Rossi led off the line, although Stefan Bradl was able to squeeze past on the second lap and hold an early lead, before Marquez also made it past. They then made a small break after a mistake from Rossi dropped him...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (14 July 2013 13:59)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Revilo612

Jul 13

Revilo612 says:

Great race

I was very surprised that Marquez more or less held his pace until the end and didn't slow as he did in Assen, once Cal got back Valentino it looked like this was his chance to win his first GP, but it seemed he was a bit hesitant to pass Vale and that held him up, possibly because of his injuries. As for Vale, it is an improvement over the first few races and early on in the race he looked like the old Vale as he was stalking Bradl and really looking good, then he had that moment and that's when he seemed to lose some grip from the tyres, but nonetheless, good for the championship. I was also impressed with Smith and Espargaro; Marquez looked embarrassed in the first couple laps.

Reply to this Topic
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

exciting first half of the race. Would have been good to see Bradl podium in his home GP. Crutchlow needs to learn how to get his head down at the start of the race he's giving himself too much work to do. He also needs to learn how to keep his mouth shut at the end:

"result would have been exactly the same if Dani and Jorge had been here" - maybe not mate and not the most sporting comment to make when your still looking for a decent ride next year.

Marquez once again just insane for a rookie.

Unfortunate not to have Jorge and Pedrosa in there, hope they both make it to Laguna, but the championship just got interesting. I'm not Sure MM will give up his lead easily.

Reply to this Topic
Equinoxboy

Jan 06

Equinoxboy says:

Marquez is going to be something special when he finds his feet. Lol! I imagine that doubt must be stalking Pedrosa now. After all these 'nearly' years, most pundits would have expected that this was going to be his year. He should have been able to count on the rookie having a season of finding his feet.  If Pedrosa doesn't win this year, will he ever? Someone else posted yesterday; "If Pedrosa didn't have bad luck, he'd have no luck at all." I concur.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

It sure makes things interesting!

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

back to normal

thankgod the gangly one didnt get the top spot this time, just so the blithering fanboys can hush down a bit. Good win for Marquez with a Stoner-esque wheely to cross the line. well done lad!

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

I think

You left out the context in what Cal said I think Diceman ;about the result being the same had Jorge and Dani been there " The result would have been the same had Dani and Jorge been here as THE PACE WAS SO FAST "  which i took as meaning "those lads are injured they wouldnt have lasted the race pace "

Reply to this Topic
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

Fair Play Richard

I take your point but I'm not sure I take the same meaning from it as you. I took it to mean he though he'd have been faster than both of them irrespective of physical condition which I don't think would necessarily have been true. He kept pace with Marquez and beat Rossi so he was fast today and should be rightly proud of his pace. But who can honestly say what the pace would have been had Lorenzo and Pedrosa not been injured? Either way from a marketing point of view it still wasn't the most politic of statements.

Reply to this Topic
bruncvik

Aug 09

bruncvik says:

@diceman

If you watch the interview again, Crutchlow is referring specifically to Marquez's comment that his race win wasn't as special as Austin without Dani & Jorge on track. What Cal actually said is: 

"I don’t think Marc should discredit the result... the pace showed HE was so fast .. and even faster than last year’s race pace ... so I believe the result could have been the same anyway.' 

In other words he was endorsing the legitimacy of Marquez's win, not bigging up his own finish.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Diceman

I think maybe you've read too much into what Cal said bud.

As for the race, great weather, some fantastic rides and no unfortunate incidents. Roll on next weekend. 

Reply to this Topic
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

like a man in orthopaedic shoes

I stand corrected

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN