Skip to content

Discuss This German MotoGP: Marquez scorches to win MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > German MotoGP: Marquez scorches to win

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

German MotoGP: Marquez scorches to win

Marc Marquez has scorched to victory in Germany, taking the win easily despite a late challenge from Cal Crutchlow. Valentino Rossi led off the line, although Stefan Bradl was able to squeeze past on the second lap and hold an early lead, before Marquez also made it past. They then made a small break after a mistake from Rossi dropped him...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 361 days ago (14 July 2013 13:59)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

:D

Isnt it de rigueur to have a four lettered slanging match now?

Reply to this Topic
Huskymick

May 13

Huskymick says:

I bet we don't get a 12 page motogp special this week.

Reply to this Topic
huggydave

Aug 12

huggydave says:

Well done Cal

Blistering pace and well earned second place, passed riders well and got into settled with fast pace, shame Marquez got the early hole shot but cal kept the pressure on, do his confidence good n hopefully given him afew more contract options than b4, don't understand the point in signing unproven pol espagero on big money when this guys really starting to show what he can do, he's as fast as n e 1 else and proving it well, certainly given Jarvis more to think about, Ducati look in a world of pain, need to really brake the mould of that bike to close the gap

Reply to this Topic
moto4

Oct 12

moto4 says:

Diceman

I think his reading/hearing of Cal's comments is correct, as evidenced by Cal's Not particularly) subtle re-jigging of the words he used, most notably, "maybe". I'm not sure he does himself any favours when he says things such as this. Even if you are correct Richard that kind of comment can be construed as Cal saying, "I don't think Jorge could go faster than we did today". This is not what his possible future employer would want saying about their number one. Despite writing all this, I hate that he cannot say whatever he feels and it is a further shame he couldn't capitalize on his grid position today- especially as they have solved the full tank issues apparently. Laguna will be another opportunity and possibly his best. Or Silverstone. Or anywhere- just win, already!

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Cool Race!

Can't believe I was shouting and willing Cal to hunt down MM? Excellent rides by all.... Leaves me a bit bewildered by all the Pol hype... his brother is awesome on a CRT today.... hilarious first few laps... defo a WTF moment for Cal and MM! I figured out my doubts after the Moto 2 race today. Pol reminds me of a Sete Gibernau figure. Very good rider but over rated for Moto GP. Spanish kid from the right side of the tracks. Bollocks I say! Torres latest version of Juan Garriga vs Pons today. Proper Spaniard dishing it out to the wonder boy today! Awesome! HRC need to snap Cal up as he seems the real deal. Can't believe how he has got on with real race bikes. NOTE: Carl Fogarty - this should have could have been you if you would of had the testicular fortitude to to get off those wobbly slightly advantaged Dukes. Stefan ain't gonna make the leap, it will only be Cal, Jorge, and hopefully Redding to impede MM running away with Moto GP for the forthcoming future. That said.... MM is seriously cool...cooler than Dovi me thinks Rev???? ***** Ciao Mama's!!!

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

If Cal was Spanish American or German

They would be falling over themselves to give him a top Factory ride. He made the step to the Alien group and is the ONLY one who id battling with them week in week out. Why we are picking hole in what he said is beyond me. Cal has pushed Marquez Hard ,and isnt he supposed to be the new wonder Kid?? He beat Rossi fair and Square today and Pedrosa last week. So why discredit todays ride as a fake result that wouldnt have happened in Lorenzo or Pedrosa had ridden?? Two years of real pace now and is learning that final 2% that the likes of Spies and Bradl havent.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Well said CCB

What is it with us English that we find it necessary to 'dis' our own top guys. Cal is head and shoulders above the rest of the satellite boys - yes he crashes more often than he should but that just shows the tenacity and mind-set of a guy who wants to be 'best'.      This Pol Espargaro thing is something of a mystery as Aleix is the man on form in CRT and deserves a step up.   Question:-     does the success of the Aprillia herald a return to MotoGP ?  It was widely touted when they introduced the WSB bike that it was a tester for MotoGP. If that was the case and they do enter along with Suzuki the future would indeed look bright.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Aprilia

Good enough to get top tens regularly , how would it go with pnuematic valves , does  the ART  have gear driven cams?

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Cal supreme

Yet another brilliant ride ,You just know when he passes more or less any of them he will pull away with a clear track he is as fast as anyone .and diceman and moto4, He as others have said meant that the pace was fast and if Jorge and Dani had ridden they would have suffered because of their injuries,however why is it after so many years of no british blue riband class contender there are idiots looking for the slightest excuse to pull him to bits ,No mention of the fact he was carrying injuries and riding a non factory machine,With a second year of politics going on around him getting the factory ride he deserves,yet Spaniard after Spaniard comes along and gets a ride, he does well to stay focussed and motivated ,The man is a talent like him or not,He is a down to earth nice bloke who you can have a drink with and can talk to and get honest answers and ask him what you like,He is not a prima donna an old fashioned Bike racer but a bloody fast one,get off his back and look at his results he is the resurgence of British interest in Moto gp Silverstone will be a great weekend because of him and Scott Redding,Yamaha it's time you rewarded his efforts, he is beating A motogp legend and mixing it with, in my opinion the men of the moment Jorge , Dani and Marquez .Lin Jarvis it'stime to crack a smile and do the right thing,I know you know your stuff and have been with yamaha since the Mitsui days, use that experience to make Yamaha come good ,even Sheene had to get people to push Yamaha to provide the goods back then ,I remember ACU chap Peter de Ritter fighting his corner back in 82 ,You were there at the time Lin ,so it's your turn to do your bit for the British corner,Give us what we want,you might just sell a few more uk bikes as a result of it ! Well done Cal a great effort good man

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Ae you watching Benny?..

..hahahahahahaha...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN