Skip to content

Discuss This German MotoGP: Marquez scorches to win MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > German MotoGP: Marquez scorches to win

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

German MotoGP: Marquez scorches to win

Marc Marquez has scorched to victory in Germany, taking the win easily despite a late challenge from Cal Crutchlow. Valentino Rossi led off the line, although Stefan Bradl was able to squeeze past on the second lap and hold an early lead, before Marquez also made it past. They then made a small break after a mistake from Rossi dropped him...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (14 July 2013 13:59)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kwackanacki

Nov 09

kwackanacki says:

Ducati

How crap has Ducati got, the amount of money they have sunk into this over the past 3 years must be vast.

Bin the bike and buy a frame from a CRT team, cannot believe the owners allow it to continue if it was my pet I would have it put down. I rate Dovi - has anyone noticed he has Rossi's take on it now (what's the point of trying, it will not win and if I try it will spit me off so F~~k it!

Reply to this Topic
simondick76

Jan 09

simondick76 says:

Credit where it's due

I really don't like Crutchlow, more to do with his big mouth and disrespectful cocky nature that he seems unable to stop. Saying that he rode really well today and deserved his 2nd spot today. I do genuinely think he should be given a factory ride as he is one of the best riders on the grid. My own opinion but I still don't think he is as good as the JL, DP and MMs of this world but he isn't far behind. As far as his Tech3 bike it is very,very close to those bikes of VR and JL and I do think that had he been a bit more respectful to Yamaha in the past I think he would have been in a different situation. The Japanese are extremely quiet and respectful and Cal shouting his mouth of about factory rides and how he deserves this and deserves that would have been a bit disappointing and embarrassing to the Yamaha bosses. I always feel its like when you go for a promotion at work, you can tell the bosses how much you would like the promotion and how you think you could do a great job but you have to do it in a respectful way, not rant and rave to anyone who will listen as this is a sure way to anger the management and turn them off you. Just my opinions and I'm sure other people will have different ones and fair play.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

To fully understand Cal's potential..

...he and his team, need to fix the issue he seems to have at the start of the race. If Cal can get off the line quicker and go with the leading riders from the start, then he has a much better chance of getting the win. His speed isn't in doubt and he's one of the few riders on the grid seemingly making passes on people, but his achilles heel is the opening few laps. Get that right and the wins will come..

Reply to this Topic
ElDiabolico

Jul 13

ElDiabolico says:

Carcleaner

Cal is no Alien yet. When he starts winning races and a WT then we talk...

At the moment he is still the best of the rest.

Reply to this Topic
glm7354

Mar 13

glm7354 says:

Cal wiil stay in Tech3. Ungle Carmelo regulate it.Like Rossi's return to Yamaha.What he had offer to Yamaha to accept his return?

Reply to this Topic
R6nutter6

Jan 04

R6nutter6 says:

kwackanacki

I absolutely agree. Ducati need to pull their finger out. It's doing no good for their brand.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

They haven't been flush with talent since that Aussie bloke left and a staple diet of 2 minute noodles isn't exactly brain food but it's all they can afford since they dumped all their spondoola down that Italian shithouse!

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Benny....

"a heavily disguised fourth"

Cal's beaten them both when they've been fit... he beat Dani's 2012 time by 12 seconds (he beat JL's 2012 time by 26 seconds)... they may have been up fighting with Marc & Cal & may have finished ahead of both of them but it was no second rate battle... Marc hasn't finished off the podium yet & this was Cal's 4th podium 2 of which have been against fit aliens.

Reply to this Topic
gixanator

May 13

gixanator says:

it appears the welsh watch different races to the rest of us.

Rev, sorry Dai says "same old Crutchlow" asserting that Cal was a heavily disguised 4th in the absence of Dani and Jorge, that would be the Dani that Cal saw off quite convicingly this season so a bottom step of the podium wasn't out of the question?

he has only been bested by Marc and Jorge (notwithstanding mistakes by both ) so i'd say that was a good days work.

not such a good start but better corner entry in the first few laps so the boys getting it together, one more season and he'll be there and if he had 8 seasons on a factory machine i reckon he'd deliver more WC's than Dani has for Honda but sadly i don't think we're going to see that.

to those saying how timid and retiring the japanese are and how Cal is rubbing them up the wrong way; the japanese love a winner and if they can get that winner on their bike they will, money talks but politics and TV rights companies have as much influence as the factories now (else why would Dani still be trying after 8 seasons what he was hired to do in 1 or 2?) so Brits don't sell on the tele as well as a spaniard/italian etc.

just as a matter of interest, if Marc goes on to win how many here will say he was "gifted" the WC because the front runners weren't good enough to stay onboard at crucial times?

just wondering.

Reply to this Topic
R6nutter6

Jan 04

R6nutter6 says:

Any world championship is earned and never gifted

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN