You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Bike accessories > CBRf 600 1990 33bhp

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

KaiDekA

Jan 13

KaiDekA says:

CBRf 600 1990 33bhp

Hey everyone first of all wanna say thanks for all the help these forums have given me in the past. Without this forum I would be screwed! 

So I am looking to buy a cbr 600 to replace my vf400fd as I want something easier to find parts for and a bigger bike. 

I am wondering if it is possible to restrict these bikes using simple washers you can purchase from a hardware store? I have my current bike restricted and the kit is literally 4 washers that sit in the carb rubbers. 

I figure surely there is somewhere I can just buy some cheap washers and then fit them myself as my insurance company say that as long as the bike is restricted I am covered.

Cheers everyone

Sorry just realized I posted this in the wrong section of the forum and don't know how to change it

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 364 days ago (14 July 2013 15:33)

Post a message in Bike accessories

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

Yep

it's possible - try ebay for parts.

Just get the bike dyno'd after (you don't need a certificate).

Reply to this Topic
Amateurcynic

Jun 09

Amateurcynic says:

Sort of

As Adie says, you can get them from ebay but they have to be purpose specific, they're not the ones you can buy from the local hardware store!

The dyno isn't a pre-requisite, if you're under suspicion that your bike isn't restricted it's up to the authorities to prove it isn't rather that you to prove it is. Having said that if you do have a dyno readout it may give a good impression to whomever has asked for the info, may work in your favour!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
KaiDekA

Jan 13

KaiDekA says:

Thanks

I see, I was under the impression you could just get a set of washers. I will look at getting the whole kit then as its only £47. The certificate is void anyway for the simple reason the police will take the bike and test it themselves if they believe it to be exceeding 33bhp.

The only other thing, I have a racing can on there.
Will that add extra HP if they test it at the crank or backwheel? 
Will the bike be over 33bhp with an aftermarket exhaust?

Reply to this Topic
Amateurcynic

Jun 09

Amateurcynic says:

Shouldn't think

You'd need to worry about the end can, long as it's got the washers fitted you should be ok

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices