Skip to content

YAMAHA Staff Blog: To Flash or Not to Flash? FAZER 8

You are in... Forums > YAMAHA > FAZER 8 > Staff Blog: To Flash or Not to Flash?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Alison Silcox  says:

Staff Blog: To Flash or Not to Flash?

My hubby and I were riding through the rolling Leicestershire countryside towards Rutland Water on a recent Sunday morning ride when we were flashed twice by oncoming cars but not at all by the oncoming bikes. Being cautious we slowed to just under the speed limit and after about half a mile came upon a sneaky camera van tucked on...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 July 2013 08:25)

Post a message in FAZER 8

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
roadrider

Sep 08

roadrider says:

A motorist in our area recently got fined for the very thing as Titos mentions. So if you do warn others........... be careful you don't get caught out.

Incidentially the motorist appealed and LOST.

Reply to this Topic
Fomancu

Jul 08

Fomancu says:

always and never

I warn bikes but never cars/lorries etc..they could be the one that ....SMIDSY....the next time your out :-)

Reply to this Topic
Robell

Aug 02

Robell says:

Yes, you should warn others, whatever type of vehicle they're driving, someone might return the compliment one day,

The police won't like it, but the odds of being caught are slim, to say the least.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Google "Michael Thompson appeal"

You can and will be done for it, if caught: Dibble don't like his targets being mucked with.

I personally make a slow-down hand gesture - sorry, I meant to say, I tend to stretch my hand to relieve a cramp.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Police State

Remember that police no longer serve and protect the public, but rather serve and protect the filthy* rich.

"Who will watch the watchers?" - Juvenal

*Practically every super-rich person (including nobility and royalty) is involved with banks that aid and abet the drug smuggling, blood diamond, weapons trade, sex slave trade, etc cartels.

Reply to this Topic
FellRaven

Apr 10

FellRaven says:

YES - But

As Rogerborg has pointed out there have been some very strange rulings on free speech under the previous Government. However if I were to see somebody who in my opinion was driving/riding too fast I might flash them to slow down. If there was a camera ahead that would be a coincidence. Piglet see the doctor your meds aren't working anymore.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Protip

I flashed to make another road users aware of my presence, as I feel that they may have been veering towards me.  No other reason, constable.

No, I don't know why, you'd have to ask them. Perhaps they were distracted by your typically badly parked camera van, or had their nose glued to their speedometer.

Reply to this Topic
gavknights

Jul 13

gavknights says:

FLASH: I feel there should be more people flash whatever vehicle your on/in

Reply to this Topic
brevav2

Feb 09

brevav2 says:

Indirect Taxation con

Piglet......Well said, your spot on, no meds required either,  The Police are agents of 'The Corporation' i.e the City Of London, which is a 'City State', the richest, most powerful square mile on the planet,which runs and controls the rest of the planet financially, the rest of the UK is a colony of the City Of London, The two others being Washington DC (District of Columbia) which oversee's the military side of things, and the Vatican, which controls the laws, religion (mind control), The Police dont serve us, they serve their masters,the banking cartel, the aim being to collect (indirect) taxes via traffic offences,speeding etc, which brings in billions in revenue, If the Government of the day (puppets) were genuinely trying to address safety on the roads, there would be no unmarked vehicles, and hidden camara's, everything would be out in the open and above board...but that's no good, because it wouldnt bring in any revenue, its all a big con, but you keep voting these parasites into power, hence you get more of the same.

Reply to this Topic
romford4

Oct 05

romford4 says:

To flash or not to flash?

Last time the kids started screaming, the mums started screaming, the park was sealed off, and I was questioned for 48 hours at the cop-shop, so on balance I would say no     ;)

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices