Skip to content

Discuss This Forward Racing sign Yamaha engine deal? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Forward Racing sign Yamaha engine deal?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Forward Racing sign Yamaha engine deal?

The Italian-based Forward Racing squad is understood to have clinched a deal to lease YZR-M1 engines from Yamaha for the 2014 MotoGP world championship. The final deadline for confirming orders with Yamaha is today (Monday) and after lengthy deliberations over which technical package to run next season it appears Forward Racing boss Giovanni Cuzari has opted to lease YZR-M1 engines for...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 July 2013 11:36)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

why not Pol?

Unless he has a cast iron guarantee of factory support? After all it seems to be his contract that is upsetting the anglo-french love in currently taking place at tech trois. A year on the forward bike could be ideal for a rookie- can you think of a better team mate for a rookie than CEII? I can't. Also gives him a year to learn the engine and gearbox with more fuel and softer tyres before moving up to tech3 the year after. Lets face it with the spartan and the golden goose there won't be any room at the factory squad for the next few years

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Interesting..

This confirms that Pol IS going to ride @ Tech3..will there be room for Crutchlow if Brad digs his heels in?

Between them..Jarvis & Poncharal have made a complete pig's ear of the situation..and Bradley Smith, who is doing way better than Cal did at the same time in his rookie season, should not be the one to suffer by getting booted out to Forward racing.

Cal wants a factory bike..let him go to Ducati.

Reply to this Topic
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

I agree Smith deserves to get a fair shake at tech 3 if you take MM out of the equation he's not having a bad rookie year. he is a tech 3 boy he did very well for them in moto2 on a pig of a chassis and plyed the game to secure a two year deal early so he should have his contract honoured. The problem is Yamaha want to invest in pol as possible future competition to MM and are thinking long term. So where's the harm in letting him cut his teeth at forward? Tech 3 and Monster want Cal because he is capable of results now and making headlines. Happy sponsors and good results mean more cash to run the team. Herve isn't under illusions that tech 3 can win the championship but he's there to race and if two yamahas end up in the top 3 I'm sure he'd want one to be his - which with Cal as pilot is possible. Tech 3 would be nuts to let Cal go but I don't see it as their decision the ball is firmly in yamahas court

Reply to this Topic
Revilo612

Jul 13

Revilo612 says:

I'm a bit worried to be honest

I was expecting loads of offers for these production Honda's, leased Yamaha engines and 'new' Ducati's. But seemingly there aren't many teams that are willing to just be grid fillers, which I guess isn't a surprise, but they would have more chance than on a CRT, wouldn't they? Nice to hear Forward Racing are showing an interest though, I hope many more teams show some interest as well. Perhaps Sito Pons and his team will return to the big class, maybe Italtrans or Honda Team Asia, maybe some of the existing CRT teams will ditch their projects and go for something a bit more competitive.

Reply to this Topic
bartman1988

Oct 12

bartman1988 says:

if rides were given out on merit and not on nationality pol would get nowhere near a factory contract.2 brits both faster riders in my opinion in cal and redding but because there brits and dont bring lucrative sponsors with them they get overlooked.pol hasnt even been the stand out rider in his team at most rounds(not all)let alone in the championship.his main rival is to big for the class and is still likely to push him all the way if not win the title from under pols nose.yes pol is good but is he as good as yam thinks he is i dont think so.is he likely to ever push marquez on a big bike i dont think so i just dont think he is a prodigy like marquez is scott redding or a fit luthi is more likely to challenge in the big class on competitive machinery than pol is

Reply to this Topic
Wato45

Oct 12

Wato45 says:

I don't think Cal is in any danger

From what I've heard monster love him and tech 3 and yamaha really can't afford to piss them off and risk losing their title sponsor. He's fast, makes headlines and isn't a corporate robot like the rest. Britain is also the biggest market in Europe for Monster and smith no offence is too bland to appeal to their customer base. They want Cal on that bike and may even stump up some money to get him more technical support next year.

Reply to this Topic
bigbashbonanza

Mar 07

Tech3 contracts department..?

It must be like working with MENCAP as they sign riders left right and centre!! Jarvis can't be happy with this situation as I doubt Yamaha will have 5 bikes on the grid in '14 and 'demoting' one of their riders to FTR wouldn't be the greatest move on there part. Cal is the sticking point for all this years riders contracts, showing us and the world how highly regarded he is in this paddock.

Reply to this Topic
gixanator

May 13

gixanator says:

Yamaha have indeed shot their bolt.

they shit themselves when Honda "found" Marc and in response knee jerk the 2nd best Moto2 rider into a factory seat imagining that if Marc can do it Pol can too but Pol is no Marc, he's not even a Cal, he's just good but Spanish.

unfortunately, by jumping the silly season gun they've missed out, not only on Cal but the chance to sign the fast brother who's showing a few prototypes the way home in MotoGP.

you'd have thought a factory like Yamaha would know better but then even Honda have given Dani an 8th oppotunity to try and do the job he's paid for.

a lot of riders are missing an opportunity because the wee fragile sparrow is regarded as worthy after failing so consistently, not just Cal.

Reply to this Topic
moto4

Oct 12

moto4 says:

I hope...

...there is at least one team that goes with the pneumatic valve Kawasaki. Although it has yet to appear stellar WSB proves it is a decent engine as is and with a higher revving valve train could be a real threat to the other CRT replacements. There is the enticing possibility that if the engine proved in any wany competitive it could pave the way for an eventual return to MotoGP for a Kawasaki ZX-RR 'factory' team. Please, please, please.

Reply to this Topic
huggydave

Aug 12

huggydave says:

Gixinator

You have hit the nail on the head with a fine tooth comb son, yamaha have jumped way too soon with that deal, well said!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices