Skip to content

Discuss This Forward Racing sign Yamaha engine deal? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Forward Racing sign Yamaha engine deal?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Forward Racing sign Yamaha engine deal?

The Italian-based Forward Racing squad is understood to have clinched a deal to lease YZR-M1 engines from Yamaha for the 2014 MotoGP world championship. The final deadline for confirming orders with Yamaha is today (Monday) and after lengthy deliberations over which technical package to run next season it appears Forward Racing boss Giovanni Cuzari has opted to lease YZR-M1 engines for...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 July 2013 11:36)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mickdel

May 03

mickdel says:

Monster Energy

is seriously tasty stuff. Tried it for the first time last year, and have to have at least 3 tins cold in the fridge. I wish they'd stop wasting so much fuc*ing money on sponsoring teams, and bring the damn price of it down to around a pound. bastards. That aside, CC has struck gold there, as his gogetter, likely lad, cheeky chappy, most successful Brit GP rider since Sheene (he is, isn't he?), plus BBCs primetime coverage, is a marketing wet dream. So I think they will have a fairly strong influence on CCs prospects. Well, some influence. Why did Yam jump for Pol so early? Did they strongly suspect bradders wasn't going to mature into a contender? Whose crystal ball did they borrow for that one. Or maybe they've already put aside funds to pay him off and break his contract? Not very gentlemanly if they do that, and I don't think it will go down well with the Brit fanbase. Or maybe we won't be bothered, as we're used to taking it up the ronson in motogp. If Bradders is punted off to a team like this, well, it just wouldn't be very nice.

Reply to this Topic
BarkerBill

Feb 12

BarkerBill says:

gixanator & mickdel

You'll get yourself hammered on these forums for speaking such total and utter commonsense.

Every single facet you have covered is of course correct, but the informed tomes will slate you for it.

Lyn Jarvis et al very probably trteat this forum as an 'Advice Column' . . .

Bill

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

The Yamaha Marketing department....

Kick another own goal, only a year after bringing back one has been the are at it again bringing Colin Deadwood back into the fold, unbelievable. Contrast this with Japanese strong man Nakamotos rejection of Rossi and refusal to lease customer bikes to Forward Racing , are Yamaha Marketing getting the fukushima catering co to provide their lunches,fair dinkum they are fucking clueless.

Reply to this Topic
gixanator

May 13

gixanator says:

all plays into Marcs hands though Prince.

the Yamaha works team should be Jorge and Cal with Vale on the satellite until he finds his feet again, no shame in riding the Tech3, Dovi and Cal have made it an almost world beater.

i would say Tech3 haven't been as strong since Colins first foray with Yam in the Tech3 squad.

Reply to this Topic
hunneymonster

Jul 13

Nominations

Cuzari refused to say which rider was a Yamaha preferred choice but he said:“If it is possible I would like to stay with Claudio and Colin but if we choose Yamaha or Honda they want to nominate one rider. Minimum I have to give up one of the two riding spots for a Honda or Yamaha nominee."

If i'm reading this correct, you pay 1 million+  for either a Honda production bike or a Yamaha lease engine package, pay extra for 'upgrades' , get no help in securing funding through sponsors so the factories can be paid by the teams AND they want a say in who rides the bike.

I thought the deal was you buy the bike, in the case of the Honda, and it's yours. No involvement from the factory, unless you want to upgrade the bike though their package.

If they want a say in rider selection, i'd expect the bike and the rider salary to be paid for by the factory. I'd stick with the ART/FTR Kawasaki etc.

Reply to this Topic
gixanator

May 13

gixanator says:

correct hunneymonster.

does Carmelo like it up him as he seems to bend over whenever the factories come knocking?

Reply to this Topic
goat46

Feb 09

goat46 says:

Cal

If deal goes ahead,keep Cal at Tech 3 and Bradley moves down,sorry Bradley but Cal now top quality in MotoGp or better still Dorna stump up money to get Yamaha M1 for Cal to show what he really can do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
goat46

Feb 09

goat46 says:

Cal

Again aimed at Dorna,if you let Cal slip through your fingers your are f*****g half wits !!!!!I think all the British bike racing community would agree with me.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices