Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow not upset to miss out on maiden win MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow not upset to miss out on maiden win

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow not upset to miss out on maiden win

Cal Crutchlow may still be seeking to end Britain’s 32-year winless run in the MotoGP world championship but denied he had missed a golden chance to claim a first premier win in Germany yesterday (Sunday). The British rider produced one of the best performances of his career at the Sachsenring to fight his way back from sixth to second, passing Assen...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 280 days ago (15 July 2013 12:21)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

An awesome performance by cal. In the circumstances I don't think he can have made any better choices... Not the strongest start but its better than going crazy and ending up on the floor or taking out someone else.... Again behind Rossi he had to take his time and do a clean move which he did. 10/10 from me and all us Brits should be behind him giving our positive support 100% I'm hoping for more of the same next race!! GO CAL!!

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

Dani

will win Laguna Seca rev.

Dovi has made career moves that are worse, and caused greater offence to Japanese factories, than Cal ever has, not that this necessarily is high praise for Cal's corporate negotiation skills.

Imo Dovi reached his peak a few years ago, and is a high class journeyman rider. Whether  he would have beaten Cal this year with both on Tech 3 Yamahas is and will remain a matter of conjecture; he was certainly better than Cal last year, but Cal seems to have improved this year, and riders have been known to improve.

What isn't in dispute is that Cal is on a satellite bike, and is performing better than any satellite rider since the 800 class started. Dovi whilst better than Cal last year didn't reach those  heights, and didn't do much better on a factory Honda, although a win is a win, particularly in the premier class, wet, dry or otherwise.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Is Crutchlow a bit thick?

Rossi set his fastest 4 times on on laps 7,8,10 & 11.

The man himself said, "The first ten laps were not so bad but later I started to have problems.."

It was pretty clear that Rossi's pace dropped off, while Cal's got better..his fastest time was on lap 17.

So what's all this..

“In the first few laps, me and Valentino were struggling so much..we had no rear grip in the first 10 laps and really struggled opening the gas."

“We were both in the same situation but being really honest I felt I was willing to take more risks than him. I am not saying I was willing to be on the floor but I wanted to catch Marc."

What, Rossi didn't want to catch Crutchlow's new best buddy, Marc?

Absolute horseshit Crutchlow..you're telling stories to try and make yourself look better. Perhaps the ex-van driver thinks everyone is as simple as him? He reminds me of Stoner the way he makes things up to suit himself.

I like this one best..

"I think I might have caught him..Valentino is no slouch too and it was not easy to pass him.”

Well done for working that one out Pal?..and from a bloke who keeps telling everyone how much he deserves stuff, but who has yet to lead a single lap in a GP race?

Put a sock in it you numpty. 

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

a satellite bike

is a satellite bike rev. Name some other riders who have done as well as Cal is currently doing on a satellite bike in the fuel economy formula era.

Last year was Cal's second year in GP bike racing, and superbikes have not been a great conduit to GP bike racing in recent years. Dovi has had every opportunity, mostly well merited, including actually making it on to a factory Honda for 3 years, and many years in GP bike racing including several more than Cal in the premier class. 

Reply to this Topic
ElDiabolico

Jul 13

ElDiabolico says:

Crutchlow

is starting to sound like "Lorenzow" 2 - 3 years ago... everyone in Spain used to say to him to STFUp and race...

"Valentino is no slouch too..." No! We always believed that the 9 WT where due to planet alignement... thanks for the tip Cal! Enjoy while it lasts...

Reply to this Topic
ElDiabolico

Jul 13

ElDiabolico says:

by the way...

if JL and DP were fit, no CC nor VR would have been in the podium... Vale was not happy with his setup and Cal would probably end up falling if under pressure...

“We were both in the same situation but being really honest I felt I was willing to take more risks than him. I am not saying I was willing to be on the floor but I wanted to catch Marc..."

We already know that, that's why you fall 2-3 times per race weekend... You got lucky until now but luck doesn't last forever (ask Vale)...

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

no Wosi, you are

The man himself complained about having issues with the rear tyre, and it's cited on motogp.com as the reason Bradl was able to get past on the first lap. Rossi looked to back off slightly after almost high-siding himself around lap 14. So far all consistent with what Crutchlow had to say, so what exactly have you got an issue with? Besides the fact that your idol was beaten by the satellite bike. Again.

Reply to this Topic
WillRTW

May 13

WillRTW says:

8 seconds

faster than VR... great result Cal... that sure was a lucky podium for Vale... if JL had been fit, it would of been JL top step and then MM and CC... and if Pugwash was fit, 4th was his leaving Vale with 5th...!

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

hey Wosi

what's your deal mate? Cal had a splendid race and great result yet you are all over him like stink on shit. He doesn't have to make any excuses for finishing 2nd - it's not like he has the pressure and expectation of winning on a satellite bike or being a challenger for the title. He had a really good day. Since he's the first Brit to have 4 podiums in a season in the premier class since 1982 I would have thought you would be sucking his dick and licking his balls instead of kicking him in the ass lol

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Wosi

Ur just Annoyed cal beat Rossi on a fave circuit and no excuses by Rossi,beat him fair and square on his m1 as Rossi would Say,I'm sure cal is speaking for Rossi meanin he did struggling because he told Me,or was you racing and heard differen??? Lol I Thought not

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle