Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow not upset to miss out on maiden win MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow not upset to miss out on maiden win

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow not upset to miss out on maiden win

Cal Crutchlow may still be seeking to end Britain’s 32-year winless run in the MotoGP world championship but denied he had missed a golden chance to claim a first premier win in Germany yesterday (Sunday). The British rider produced one of the best performances of his career at the Sachsenring to fight his way back from sixth to second, passing Assen...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 July 2013 12:21)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
WillRTW

May 13

WillRTW says:

Points Table

Gotta say, not anything like I expected it to be nearly mid way through the season with such a strong field... and now JL is possibly back for this weekend... personally I think he would be better off sitting out LS, and getting himself sorted... but what must Ben Spies be thinking when he looks at someone like JL...!

Reply to this Topic
Krapp

Apr 13

Krapp says:

Haha, just read someone saying: 'Cal is the real deal'.  I'm loving it. That's what clowns are for - to make your life more etertaining.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

wow

they great stats and lap info but how did that change the 8 second gap and the factory yamaha rossi was riding and the satalite bike cal was riding??? . copy and paste all you want it wont change the bottom lip you scrape on the ground yellow thong man.

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

Cal's the real deal alright make no mistake about that,maybe one day he'll write a book,just starting from the test at Valencia in 010 would do and what went on!!!! and why Yamaha won't give him the latest parts!!!,the kid has absolutely bust his ass over the last 3 years,and there's still a lot more to come.

If he were Spanish he'd have a factory bike by now but he hasn't,but he's not only learned to ride a GP bike but also the politics of racing,the GP paddock is finding this boy isn't so easy to  screw over!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

So Wosi, it's ok for Rossi to benefit from Hondas whose tyres went off at Assen and for you to describe Rossi's performance there as something along the lines of a masterful display of tyre management, racecraft and cunning

Yesterday, Rossi is claiming his tyres went off. So shall we say Crutchlow simply managed his better, executed a good clean pass and simply rode away on tyres that were up to the job in a masterful display of tyre management, racecraft and cunning?

There's only one reason you've nearly turned your pram over through rocking it so hard when throwing your toys out. Things didn't go as you boldly predicted they would and Cal beat him fair and square.

Then you accuse someone of not acting British - and here you are, a lemon who'd prefer an Italian to win a race than one of our own. You deserve the cross of St George driven straight up your arse - cross end first.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

What exactly are you trying to say Wosi?..

..it's very difficult trying to decipher it all. Plain English man, ffs...

Reply to this Topic
Revilo612

Jul 13

Revilo612 says:

I would be disappointed

Great ride by Cal, definitely his best, but with his pace, surely he must be disappointed that he couldn't go with Marquez when he got to the front. Maybe Cal needs to work on being more aggressive instead of staying behind riders for 5 laps or so before passing them, he was being held up by Rossi. This was Cal's big chance, but he didn't take it, he hasn't got long before Jorge and Dani come back, and Rossi will continue to get stronger, so it's only going to get harder for Cal.

Reply to this Topic
comeragh

Aug 12

comeragh says:

Cal

Great race from Cal top class ride,but it is true he will wreck all his good work with his runaway mouth. I hate all these buts and maybes and if jl and dp were there thinks would be different,if I raced on a Honda 50 and they all crashed I would win a gp what a load of shit they can only race who is on the grid,if my aunt had balls she woud be my uncil

Reply to this Topic
bartman1988

Oct 12

bartman1988 says:

if cal was spanish or italian he would already have a factory contract at honda or yam its a shame when rides tend to be given on nationality rather than merit.cal has clearly shown he is fast enough and deserves to be on a bike capable of winning.a factory setup has got to be worth a tenth or 2 which is all he missing.and the injuries to cals hands cant of been nice braking at the bottom of the waterfall so all in all a good ride by him on sunday.its just a shame you have gobshites like wosi talking out of his arse yes i like rossi and always have but you have to be a complete moron to not see cal is doing the best job out of them all so far.when was the last time some1 came from superbikes and became a front runner not even baylistic managed it.so instead of putting cal down and making embarrassing bullshit remarks why not just show him so respect for what he is doing which is currently being the 4th fastest rider on the planet at this moment.get a grip wosi its the mugs like you that give rossi fans a bad name.HE WASNT FAST ENOUGH get over it!!!!

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

You can't deny that Cal had a good race, but being 2nd is all he could of hoped for, even if he had got a better start. MM lap times were almost identical to Cals, so even if Cal was right up there with MM, I don't believe he would of overtaken him, especially as the gap between them started to close, MM started to speed up and obviously had something in reserve.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices