Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow not upset to miss out on maiden win MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow not upset to miss out on maiden win

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow not upset to miss out on maiden win

Cal Crutchlow may still be seeking to end Britain’s 32-year winless run in the MotoGP world championship but denied he had missed a golden chance to claim a first premier win in Germany yesterday (Sunday). The British rider produced one of the best performances of his career at the Sachsenring to fight his way back from sixth to second, passing Assen...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 280 days ago (15 July 2013 12:21)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jonnyrocket

Mar 09

jonnyrocket says:

cal....

alien...i should think so.  injuries aside well done CC.  4th place firming up nicely.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Noddy

Rossi and Cal have beaten each other 4 times each, while Pedrosa and Marquez have beaten each other 4 times. So no, they are not knocking the nails in their coffin.

Reply to this Topic
VonStalhein

Feb 13

VonStalhein says:

Interesting. Cal's bike certainly doesn't seem to be lacking in pace. I think he mentioned after the race that the fuel load at the beginning wasn't such an issue this week. Either way he really excelled himself. Especially compared to his level last year. I think it will be interesting to see if Rossi will improve his setup & pace as it's mid season almost. It won't look good for him if Cal continues to place higher. Great for Cal obviously to be ahead of the factory bike.

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

Firebird3

If Cals form sticks and he manages to beat Rossi at  years end why hang about and if Dani again gets beat by another team mate to a chamionship why would he want to hang around.From what I see Danis hurting and Rossi aint gonna add anything to his tally.

Reply to this Topic
VonStalhein

Feb 13

VonStalhein says:

Possibly but I think Rossi has room to improve but I may be wrong. He may not become a title contender but I think his pace may improve over the next few races. He definitely seems a tad better of late. Not sure what to make of Dani - I think he surprised everyone last year with his 2nd part of the season pace. However, he is not having much luck this year so MM may well surpass his this year.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

No idea BUT

I'd be willing to bet its not JUST the bike that makes a difference , but the team as well and the things a rider doesnt have to do for himself which all gives the rider more time for setting up the bike to her/his liking , but as i said  i dont know .

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

oh dear wosi....

"The Ex van driver thinks everyone is as simple as he is" What has being an ex van driver got to do with being a faster MotoGP rider than valentino rossi? Would you care to expand on its relevance to the story?

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

Exactly noddy

They didn't tell Martinez they would give them the same engine as Lorenzo.

Whatever, in any case. Perhaps Cal is the only satellite rider for 7 years to really have a full factory bike. Even if this is the case he is doing very well, and I suspect the way he is riding has more to do with him doing quite a deal better than Bradl and Bautista than a marked bike advantage over them.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ElDiabolico

Jul 13

ElDiabolico says:

Winger

"If he were Spanish he'd have a factory bike by now but he hasn't,but he's not only learned to ride a GP bike but also the politics of racing..."

So if you had to choose between Jorge Lorenzo, Marc Marquez and Dani Pedrosa you would bet on Cal Crutchlow to bring you home the Championship?

Or if you have an good enployee but not your best, talking bad about you and your company, threatening to go to the competition if he doesn't get a raise, would you get him promoted?

Reply to this Topic
gixanator

May 13

gixanator says:

Rev, sorry Wosi

we all know Vales sexuality is a little.......... dubious but i think he's a little out of your league mate and you'll be handbag thrashing with ED as well.

still, i like a good eye scratching battle between 2 such strong "men".

Cal's doing a fine job and is on the up on all the evidece, Vale is improving but not back to full form, i think they're both shit hot riders as are the other aliens but one's in dire condition twisting his titanium plate, one has revealed his inate fragility again and Marc is, well Marc, what can you say.

Cal is doing what any racer worth his salt would do (unless you're Dani) and making hay while the sun shines, you'd castigate Vale if he didn't capitalise, be a man and admit that Cal isn't the dog eared no hoper you always claim he is, is he not allowed "tyre issues" like all the top runners do(with no discernable problem found on inspection by the manufacturer)?

there are none so blind Wosi..................................................

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle