Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow not upset to miss out on maiden win MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow not upset to miss out on maiden win

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow not upset to miss out on maiden win

Cal Crutchlow may still be seeking to end Britain’s 32-year winless run in the MotoGP world championship but denied he had missed a golden chance to claim a first premier win in Germany yesterday (Sunday). The British rider produced one of the best performances of his career at the Sachsenring to fight his way back from sixth to second, passing Assen...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 July 2013 12:21)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ElDiabolico

Jul 13

ElDiabolico says:

Gixanator and co

Spanish riders dominate because they invest more in the sport than any other country. Period.

The Spanish "cantera" is far more brilliant producing young guns than any of your racing schools.

Marquez was put on an RCV because he rocks. Crutchlow is the first Brit to fight for podiums and you want to put him in a factory team without winning 1 race.

Esparrago brothers are showing a lot of class. One of them on a ART, how is that compared to a satellite bike?

Closing, you keep mentioning homosexuals and masturbation feasts. You should be carefull with thise words as they might ban you from this site...

"Cal is the best thing to come out of Britain for a long while and if given the chance he might, just might do it, you know a bit like you imagining Dani with that T shirt they print every year but throw in the skip eventually. A chance ED, that's all Brits are asking..."

Cal has not the class to be on a factory bike. That's why Ducati chose Dovi over him and that's why Yamaha doesn't give him his chance. they know that he reached his peak. Something is missing... if he founds it and shut his mouth who knows...

Reply to this Topic
gixanator

May 13

gixanator says:

"Cal's a big boy DF..he can say what he wants and more often than not does..same as wosi, who is hardly on his own in pointing out he's got a big gob, that is apparently not doing him any favours trying to convince the factories he's worth a punt for alien money."

you know this as fact Wosi?

or are you just hoping for all you're worth that you're right, in much the same way you are convinced that Vale is one win away from his next WC?

you. like all of us can only speculate and you have no better insight than anyone else.

you'll point to the fact that no team is willing to sign him for a factory ride but what rides are available?

Aliex has no route to a factory ride and probably deserves it but Yam have knee jerked the 2nd best Moto2 rider into an already overpopulated team.

Honda, for whatever reason aren't going to bin Dani even if he fails again so no opening there and Bradl probably has a better chance, him being in the Honda fold already.

in short it's not Cals gob that's the problem , it's intransigence and contractual anomolies that will stop him getting a factory ride.

unless. God forbid , he signs for Ducati on alien money (kind of blows your theory to bits if he does though and you'll console yourself that he only did it for the money, Cal will be gutted you feel that way while spending his millions i'm sure Wosi).

in my opinion.

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

Yes Spain does spend more money on racing,thats why you've got 25% unemployment and people are jumping out of windows when they are having their homes repossessed.

Reply to this Topic
ElDiabolico

Jul 13

ElDiabolico says:

Winger

That is irrelevant to MotoGP.

Try to spend your money in the sports instead of celebrating the Queens BD for a week. That will save you from jumping from the windows in the future.

Crysis or no crysis, seat comfortably in your couch and enjoy my compatriots get WT as your Brit gets nothing.

Reply to this Topic
gixanator

May 13

gixanator says:

Rev, sorry Josey.

Comedy gold as usual, Ducati want Bradl?

then if i were Cal i'd be looking at the Honda Bradl is currently pootling around on to such great effect.

Reply to this Topic
gixanator

May 13

gixanator says:

i see where you're coming from now ED.

you're a Spanish Nationalist, we have them here too, we call them EDL or NF or closer to you, Combat 18, you'll know what they're called i'm sure, you're probably on their mailing list.

i can also see that you're running scared, you daren't advocate Cal getting a factory ride because if he beats Dani and Marc where will you hide?

did you watch top gear on sunday ED?

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

El D

No doubt Spain has the best programs at present, and has very good immediate and midterm prospects, with 3 riders in the vanguard of the premier class of the highest quality, with 2 in Jorge and MM who imo may well end up being reckoned as all time greats.

By the same argument you apply to Valentino in comparison with other current riders, you are perhaps being a little premature though (I don't seek to apply this to you any more widely) as by my count the current tally is Italy 20 premier class world riders' championships, the UK  17, the USA 15 and even Australia 8, to Spain's 3.

As far as Australia goes, you wouldn't believe how small a profile bike racing has as a sport in Australia, and all of our world champions have basically been rogue talents whose success was unlooked for in advance even by keen Australian bike racing fans. I live in hope someone else will come from nowhere; this may or may not happen, and conceivably may not even be possible in the current paradigm. 

Because Spain is dominating GP bike racing now definitely doesn't mean they will dominate forever, however, and I can give you examples of the cyclical nature of many other sports, or even once dominant nations virtually disappearing like Australia in tennis. You guys will henceforth always be thereabouts I suspect given the depth of passion you have for the sport of GP bike racing, and good luck to you for that, but maybe Indonesia or Thailand or India will be the new hotbed in future decades, you never know, and if the Chinese for instance decided for some reason that they wanted to dominate GP bike racing they quite possibly would, given their success in other sports which they have chosen to assay.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ElDiabolico

Jul 13

ElDiabolico says:

Nationalist?

Define Nationalist.

Do you see me running? Specially from your juvenille posts??? I can buy you, make you dance and sell you when bored of using you. Boy toy.

Crutchlow to beat Dani and Marquez. Yep, you got me there. We Nationalist are really afraid that if Cal Crutchlow gets a factory ride, he will end our MotoGP domination. A new era of British fearless riders will conquer the sport. You will be happy again. Proud. Sexy. Your wife will love you and your children will get better grades at school. Rain will stop and the sun will shine on you. 

Thanks for making me laugh chubby.

ps. Top Gear, nope. Topless teens yes. I am in Thailand for holidays. Enjoy your fish and chips. 

Reply to this Topic
gixanator

May 13

gixanator says:

good point Doohanfan.

if i remember rightly Casey and family packed up and moved to the UK to get a crack and be noticed?

did Bayliss make his name in BSB in the first instance?

don't know how Gardner came through but bloody glad he did, amazingly tough rider in the DuHamel mould.

i'll bow to your superior knowledge but it is anomolous that such an ignored sport (relatively) in Oz has given us some amazing talent.

maybe Casey always wanted to be a V8 driver, just needed to win a couple of WC's before it was too late.

i know it'll upset you but NZ have done a pretty good job of giving us entertaining riders as well hasn't it!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
gixanator

May 13

gixanator says:

"Do you see me running? Specially from your juvenille posts??? I can buy you, make you dance and sell you when bored of using you. Boy toy."

ooooooooooh, i'm beginning to like you ED, you're soooooo manly.

do they even have sheep in Thailand ED , who knew?

no doubt you can buy your boys cheap in Thailand ED but i'm a little bit more expensive but make me an offer.

you're becoming as comedically entertaining as Rev, sorry, whatever schizo facet is to the fore today!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices