Skip to content

Discuss This Scott Redding unfazed by shrinking title advantage MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Scott Redding unfazed by shrinking title advantage

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Scott Redding unfazed by shrinking title advantage

British rider Scott Redding says he is not overly concerned at seeing a big Moto2 world championship advantage cut to just 23-points after he struggled to a season worst result of seventh in Germany last weekend. The 20-year-old experienced severe Dunlop rear tyre issues in the 29-lap race and with pre-season title favourite Pol Espargaro finishing third, Redding’s advantage in the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (16 July 2013 10:44)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
vds45

Jan 11

vds45 says:

Benny or rev

Go fuck your mum ass Nobody cares about your opinion You rats

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Hey

Benny the test. How's chaz getting on in wsb on the FACTORY BMW. Oh dear. 28 points behind his team mate. Not good at all

Reply to this Topic
Bullshrimp

Apr 13

Bullshrimp says:

It's not just about 1 year...

''Why is a rider of Redding's size even considering a ride on an under-powered, production Gresini Honda - surely that's the reason why he's suffering in Moto2?''

I wouldn't exactly class leading the Moto2 world championship as ''suffering''. I think a year on the customer Honda bike (which lets be honest is unlikely to be a complete dog) and then a move to a prototype with a team with heaps of MotoGP experience would be a good path for Scott to take, especially if such a move came with HRC support. Obviously if a prototype (other than a career killing Ducati) were to become available to him for next year then he would have to seriously consider it. Doubters can think whatever they wish, personally I think Scott is going to adapt really well to the bigger bikes.

Reply to this Topic
vds45

Jan 11

vds45 says:

You got it all wrong rev

You have got it all wrong Just wait-and-see It will all be clear soon Don't believe everything you read

Reply to this Topic
vds45

Jan 11

vds45 says:

Oh and by the way

The customer Honda Is €1 million And it is not Slow In any means Do you really think Honda Would put their name To a bike What would be Shit Come on rev I thought you knew what she was on about We're not talking about Ducati Now

Reply to this Topic
Bullshrimp

Apr 13

Bullshrimp says:

Honda customer bike

From Crash.net Q&A session:

''Crash.net:
And it would be a full pneumatic valve engine, rather than the spring valves which Honda plan to use in their customer bike…

Colin Edwards:
Don't let the spring valve aspect of the Honda scare you though, that thing's gonna be fast as hell. I've heard some numbers and lap times and compared to the prototypes, there's not much difference. They're pretty much on par.

Spring valves against pneumatic valves are sure a limitation rev wise, but if you sort the power out and put it where you want it you can ride valve springs.

Crash.net:
So you think the customer Honda will be competitive?

Colin Edwards:
Oh I know it's going to be competitive. As far as winning the world championship, probably not, but as far as being able to compete day in day out for a top 6 or 8 position, absolutely.

Honda aren't going to start any race program which isn't serious, you know that. ''

Sounds plausible to me, Colin Edwards is one of the most experienced guys around and he usually says it as it is. Also are the mighty Honda really going to embarrass themselves by putting a rubbish bike on the grid, why would they be interested in doing that? I suspect Colin is bang on with his assessment, that bike is not going to set the world alight but it will be there or thereabouts and would make a decent tool for Scott's learning year in the premier class. Or course a 2 year HRC deal on a works prototype would be nice but that doesn't appear to be option at the moment.

Reply to this Topic
vds45

Jan 11

vds45 says:

Rev

Who has actually said Scott will be riding a production bike ? Get your facts right first You don't know nothing Stop trying to get information Out of me It will never happen

Reply to this Topic
vds45

Jan 11

vds45 says:

Rev

Bradl Will be riding for Lcr HRC Honda In 2014 Guaranteed The problem is Too many riders And not enough machinery I am pretty sure That Scott has made the right choice If Scott was Spanish I could guarantee you They would of gave him a factory by last year

Reply to this Topic
vds45

Jan 11

vds45 says:

Rev

Keep guessing . Honda like to Honour Their contact If they can Let's just say There are some riders what are you getting worried . And also At this level There is no such thing Who is the best riders It's more about What opportunity They are given

Reply to this Topic
MarredferchDafydd

May 13

- am I right?

What about the lad from Wales, Chaz Davies. He deserves better than a BMW in Superbike!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices