Skip to content

Discuss This Scott Redding unfazed by shrinking title advantage MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Scott Redding unfazed by shrinking title advantage

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Scott Redding unfazed by shrinking title advantage

British rider Scott Redding says he is not overly concerned at seeing a big Moto2 world championship advantage cut to just 23-points after he struggled to a season worst result of seventh in Germany last weekend. The 20-year-old experienced severe Dunlop rear tyre issues in the 29-lap race and with pre-season title favourite Pol Espargaro finishing third, Redding’s advantage in the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (16 July 2013 10:44)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
vds45

Jan 11

vds45 says:

Give up rev

I would give up The only person What has not got a clue Is u . I know Exactly what is going on And you know I do And I am happy with it

Reply to this Topic
Bullshrimp

Apr 13

Bullshrimp says:

But what is actually on offer...?

My comments on the Honda production bike were based on what the Gresini team have confirmed to have offered Scott (Honda production bike 2014, prototype 2015). Of course if there is any possibilty of him getting his mitts on an RC213V for his debut season then he would clearly be mad to pass it over...but is that actually a realistic scenario? The other reported offer was from Ducati which even if it was a factory bike would seem to come with with a virtual guaranteed end to his MotoGP career and multiple trips to A&E. Iannone was a very good Moto2 rider but look at how he has faired  this year, now he is out having smashed himself up on the thing, surely he would have been a force on a Honda or Yamaha prototype? Regardless of any preconceptions some may have about the customer bike I really do not believe it will be that bad, Honda would not risk tarnishing their reputation by building a nail. I believe that if no competitive prototype is realistically available to Scott for next year then he could do much worse than taking the Gresini offer especially if the ride comes with HRC's blessing.

Reply to this Topic
vds45

Jan 11

vds45 says:

Rev

Are you completely stupid It does not matter how much money you have There are four factory by bikes From each manufacturer They will not allow No more I really thought you knew your stuff You honestly Nothing as a GP paddock works ................ It is obvious That if you are a good Spanish rider You will get a opportunity Before anybody else Let's forget about Ducati For one minute There are really To manufacturers Honda and Yamaha Three Three of the riders are Spanish And what Italian Because is name is Valentino Now do I have to say any more I think it is something to do with The Moto GP Championship Is run by Spanish It's called politics

Reply to this Topic
vds45

Jan 11

vds45 says:

And rev

If that is not enough information Answer me a question Because you seem to know everything Why did they change the rule In 2013 So Marquez Could write a factory bike. ???? Don't you find this a little bit strange Maybe If Marquez started off on a satellite bike I think things would be different I'm Danny As Only at factory bike What's going on a satellite bike And I think He would struggle to finish in the top seven Do you think Danny Still deserve The factory bike How many year Has he had To win a world championship ? If it was anybody else They would of been sacked

Reply to this Topic
vds45

Jan 11

vds45 says:

And rev

If that is not enough information Answer me a question Because you seem to know everything Why did they change the rule In 2013 So Marquez Could write a factory bike. ???? Don't you find this a little bit strange Maybe If Marquez started off on a satellite bike I think things would be different I'm Danny As Only at factory bike What's going on a satellite bike And I think He would struggle to finish in the top seven Do you think Danny Still deserve The factory bike How many year Has he had To win a world championship ? If it was anybody else They would of been sacked

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Scott Redding unfazed by shrinking title advantage

Quite right. It's better to be leading than chasing.

Reply to this Topic
Bullshrimp

Apr 13

Bullshrimp says:

Not quite...

''If he's given just this standard Gresini bike and a pasty, it will be a very public factory show of 'no-confidence' in Redding - am I right?''

Not quite... according the MCN article:

''MCN sources claim a deal is very close to being done, with Redding keen to ensure that his deal comes with a concrete assurance from both HRC and Gresini that he will switch to a factory-backed RC213V prototype in 2015.''

Learning year on the customer bike, second year on factory backed RC213V, would hardly hardly call that a ''show of no-confidence''. It looks very unlikely that Scott will get a prototype for 2014 (other than perhaps a Ducati) not for any other reason than other than there are none spare. Personally I would like this ridiculous 4 bikes per manufacturer rule binned off and the factories enticed to lease out prototypes as well as selling engines and off the shelf machines.

Reply to this Topic
Bullshrimp

Apr 13

Bullshrimp says:

Benny...

...''so why are his mentors steering him in the direction of a poxy Gresini rather than LCR?''

Because there is an available seat at Gresini and there isn't one at LCR!

Reply to this Topic
vds45

Jan 11

vds45 says:

Rev

Two words Fuck off !!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
richyfast5

Feb 06

richyfast5 says:

Hey Benny

It's a bit harsh to say that Scott is so crap in moto2. Last year he finished 5th, and beat the only rider on an identical machine (his team mate). This year he is leading the championship.

Personally I think he's pretty good at riding a moto2 bike

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices