Skip to content

Discuss This Nicky Hayden told no factory Ducati ride in 2014 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Nicky Hayden told no factory Ducati ride in 2014

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Nicky Hayden told no factory Ducati ride in 2014

Nicky Hayden will not be offered a new factory Ducati contract for 2014. The universally popular American was told by Ducati during last weekend’s German MotoGP round at the Sachsenring’s of the Bologna factory’s plan not to offer him a new deal to keep on a Desmosedici for a sixth season. Ducati though don’t want to lose the experienced 31-year-old and will...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (16 July 2013 13:21)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Yep agreed,  Dovi & Nicky are nowhere.  Dovi (as good a rider as he is) is taking the retirement fund and hell, who wouldn't?  But does he enjoy running round mid pack whilst Cal is enjoying the limelight and media exposure - podium celebrations and coveted press conferences?  That's gotta hurt knowing you had the better of the British fella last year?  No mater how nice the slate tiles you chose to decorate your new 12m by 6m pool are.  Great blokes are Dovi and Nicky but they are the passport boys and it's a short shelf life once you're on the red bull that only one man could tame.

Stay away from the Duke Cal (but realistically what would you do when a cheque for 5 million is wafted under your nose fellas?)  Let's hope he makes the right decision or LCR come up with something for the Coventry rocket..  I think he would FLY to the moon on the fecker....  Either way keep riding the wave my man - you're on FIRE!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
huggydave

Aug 12

huggydave says:

Is the panigale really that bad?

It's hard to say really cause despite checa winning the 2011 championship the bloke really crocked himself at the start of the season then when was getting better did it again, he isn't going to push that Duke hard if he thinks there's a visit to the Tarmac and badovini wasn't setting the world on fire before he put a leg over it, I'd like to see Jonny rea on it with nicky as his team mate, good wsb team, correct me if wrong but haven't they just being allowed the air restrictor out? Suppose it doesn't matter though, I don't care who u put on any of them bikes, nobody's going to make a wsb go faster than Sykes at moment, that boys on fire!

Reply to this Topic
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

rowdygimly

Best reply on here , I`ve been saying that since I signed up to this site .All the years Spaniards n Italians have hogged good rides what  many  a good rider from another nation ( yes Brits epecially ) Carl Fogarty deserved a good ride but because he wasnt marketable Checa got about 12 seasons and won 2 lucky races !

Reply to this Topic
Popski

Feb 09

Popski says:

A hiding to nowhere

Those Duc GP bikes are crap, Rossi couldn't make it go neither could Dovi or Hayden. If talent like that cant cut it Cal should take the seat if offered, trundle around for a few laps, pick up the money and run. As I see it the only reason that Espargaro gets the Poncheral ride is that he brings loads of spic sponsorship with him and Cal brings virtually nowt except dedication and talent. Espargaro's not a bad rider but he's certainly no better than Cal.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

from a racing perspective, Spies has no chance of getting the factory Ducati ride.  from a marketing and political perspective, he's a shoe-in.  personally, i expect to see both yanks in the WSBK paddock in 2014.

thedokter46 - i don't think Nicky has been riding around for nothing over the last five years, despite what your tirade may suggest.  i daresay he's done remarkably well financially in that time (a rumoured $12 million), but whatever it is, it's more than what all of us can claim.

Reply to this Topic
JustBe

May 09

JustBe says:

hmm

Why would anyone want that ride? I mean Hayden could have gone on to at least have made a bit more of his career in MotoGP, instead he'll be forgotten, he might as well not have won that championship Stay at tech 3 Cal or the same will happen to you! People forget, it's like two teams clearly dominate now, back when Stoner was in Ducati, they weren't so far ahead. Also now you have Tech 3 who have basically a factory bike, it's only useless Smith making them look mediocre. Remember how many times Stoner had to crash, remember how he came into that team young, he knew of nothing else, remember how he didn't win another championship until he left them, he only won his first one before he had a massive tyre and speed advantage. No doubt Stoner was the best Ducati rider, but not even he could put that thing on the podium today. Cal STAY AWAY!

Reply to this Topic
jonnyrocket

Mar 09

jonnyrocket says:

bout time...

both he and Dovi are just riding around collecting pay-cheque's.  Nicky real nice guy, but has been way off the pace in recent seasons, if he'd been a brit he would've gone a long time ago.  like to see him WSBK though.  Cal should sign a one year deal with ducrapi (if offered) and then back to yamaha to replace vale, all after whooping the human road blocks ass.

Reply to this Topic
Krapp

Apr 13

Krapp says:

Cal and Ducati sinking into obscurity, the usual moan and then the silence. I like.

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

!!!!!!

FUCK THE DUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOPE THEY GO AWAY THE LOSING PEACE OF SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAL TAKE THEM FOR ALL THERE WORTH$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Reply to this Topic
AussieInSUI

Mar 13

AussieInSUI says:

total profit

So that's what 1 WC is worth when it's won as a result of other riders bad luck. Still that's what winning WC's is all about. Staying on the bike. Nicky has no reson to complain. But I can see the bottom line corporate types wanting to see Cal at Ducati.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices