Skip to content

Discuss This Nicky Hayden told no factory Ducati ride in 2014 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Nicky Hayden told no factory Ducati ride in 2014

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Nicky Hayden told no factory Ducati ride in 2014

Nicky Hayden will not be offered a new factory Ducati contract for 2014. The universally popular American was told by Ducati during last weekend’s German MotoGP round at the Sachsenring’s of the Bologna factory’s plan not to offer him a new deal to keep on a Desmosedici for a sixth season. Ducati though don’t want to lose the experienced 31-year-old and will...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 282 days ago (16 July 2013 13:21)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Northstar

May 13

Northstar says:

Don't Go Cal....

Cal, Don't be lured into a deal with a 3rd rate factory team. Even with the might of AUDI behind them the bike needs major surgery if not a clean sheet build up. Even the bread & butter which was the might of the Super-bike series, where they dominated from pretty much the start of the series in 1988 they have lost there way & they are still no nearer to finding the answers in both Moto-GP & World Super-bikes!! HRC Honda, Gresini Honda, Tech#3, or (should they change there mind) Yamaha factory team only. Failing that get a CRT ride as you'll have better results than with what was probably the greatest mark in World Super-bikes.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Hey Benny...

..but you were telling us recently Maniac Joe was about to take Hayden's seat. It seems to me you're the one who's very confused, you can't seem to tell who's factory or not( no surprise there, you rarely have a clue ). I'll make it easy for you up there on the farm; Cal will be in a factory team next season because he's got the skill and the class to make a difference. Oh, the beautiful irony of it all...Hahahahahaha...

Reply to this Topic
Chris Kam

Feb 08

Chris Kam says:

Interesting!

That’s an extra seat for someone? Scott Reading, Pol Espargaro (Moto2), or Aleix Espargaro who's on a second rate CRT and still mixing it with the prototypes?

It's no secret that Yamaha want to retain Cal's services! As reported they are looking at making the Tech 3 outfit a full factory effort for that reason, so my opinion is that unless Ducati turn the corner and stat banging in some results or offer Cal an astronomical money deal that he can't afford to turn down, Cal will be in a Yamaha team next year! I'm sure one of the above will take the vacant seat and Bradl will get a better deal with Honda!

Interesting to see if Nicky can mix it with the likes of Sykes and Melandri in worlds? He can't do any worse than Careless Chucka, can he?

Reply to this Topic
colvill1

May 09

colvill1 says:

An angry ageing wannabe. Please don't tel me you are talking about crutchlow

Reply to this Topic
BarkerBill

Feb 12

BarkerBill says:

JoWale

the young, talented, well-educated German . . .

Have you ever listened to your young talent in conversation?

We see a lot of him in the media here and engaging or well educated he is not, glaubst du mir!

Bill

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Justbe...

"he only won his first one before he had a massive tyre and speed advantage."

Yet another person who still perpetuates that myth... it's often quoted as 20kph but that was for 1 lap at 1 race for 1 leading Ducati rider over 1 Yamaha rider who was defending 2nd place... the 2007 Honda, on Michellins, was faster than the Ducati at several circuits & was at most only a few kph slower than the Ducati (as were the Bridgestone clad Suzukis & Kawasakis). Yamaha, especially Rossi, struggled that year. Ducati didn't have a significant advantage, Yamaha were playing catch-up with the rest of the field.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Calfan

Oct 12

Calfan says:

Bill

Like the German,nice touch. However I think it's a bit personal for the Cal hating sheep shagger. I would have said glauben sie mir wichser.Whatever Cal's on he's the best.

Reply to this Topic
simondick76

Jan 09

simondick76 says:

Talking

About conversations to the media. Have you heard Crutchlow giving an interview lately, trying to put on this accent and missing words out like you trying to speak to some Spanish shop keeper in benidorm.. Haha he sounds like a right knob........he even did it when he was speaking to Azi on BBC. Such a twat how much does he really not want be himself and would rather be JL,MM or VR.

Reply to this Topic
IcantRIDEaBIKE

Aug 09

simondick75

Rather amusing, Cals current accent isn't it, I think he must stay in that mode throughout the race weekend. Couldn't imagine him speaking to his mrs like that over breakfast though. 'Is breakfast ok Cal?' - 'Yes, since I arrive at table, I eat many sausage. Butter toast then dunk egg. I push hard on knife towards end but bacon too strong so I settle for what I have and arrive at the finish'

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Careful Simon

Pointing out absurdities like that and you'll have chief gobshite foggy running to the Ministry of Love.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle