Skip to content

Discuss This Video: How to use a paddock stand General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Video: How to use a paddock stand

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: How to use a paddock stand

We regularly get people asking us for help and advice on bikes and bike maintenance. This is a continuing series of 'how to' videos. brightcove.createExperiences();

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (17 July 2013 10:30)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
petedj

Jan 11

petedj says:

F*** off with the ads.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

ermm...

does this bike stand upright all on it's own.....? or am I missing something.

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

Never seen the point of paddock stands myself. I bought an Abba stand and a front support which supports from the bottom yoke. Using these,  I can do everything the video says but I can also get both the front and rear suspension out too.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

I really thought this was gonna

be a funny youtube vid of someone making an utter cock up of putting their bike on a stand. I really can't believe people don't know how to use one.

If you can't figure out how to use a paddock stand then you don't need one as you would be unable to safely carry out even the most basic of jobs on your bike.

I still can't believe this is serious.

Reply to this Topic
Bebobobob

May 10

Bebobobob says:

and i've been turning my bike upside down all this time, jesus....

Reply to this Topic
Rowdygimly

Jan 09

Rowdygimly says:

New auto balancing Yamaha.

So what is holding the bike upright ? No side stand and no one holding the front is this some sort of miracle?

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Stand.

It's a bit of a pointless How-To when you've somehow skipped the only tricky bit, ie. moving the bike off the sidestand whilst getting the rear paddock stand into position.

I agree with kl595 regarding Abba Stands. I hardly bother with paddock stands now,

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Why not

just put a center-stand on the bike?  Even my track bike (Ninja 250R) has a center-stand.

Reply to this Topic
phantombiker

Jul 13

phantombiker says:

easy Bubblin

all you do is put some wooden sheets under the side stand until the bike is (almost) upright.

of course you have to be a little careful not to over straighten it. 

Reply to this Topic
js70062

Jan 13

js70062 says:

+1 for the abba stand

Brilliant piece of kit, unreserved recommendation.

Putting my blade on a cradle-type paddock stand never felt like a safe operation. The abba stand costs a bit, but it's not as expensive as dropping a sports bike onto its side and breaking plastics, and you only have to buy it once.

As others have mentioned, what a shite video. If you're going to tell us how to do it, show us how you got the bike vertical and then got round behind it without dropping the whole lot. Typical MCN sloppy effort.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices