Skip to content

Discuss This Which of our game changing sports bikes would you buy? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Which of our game changing sports bikes would you buy?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Which of our game changing sports bikes would you buy?

This week's MCN features the litre-class bikes that have defined the modern sportsbike. Which would you most like in your garage? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 276 days ago (17 July 2013 16:48)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
2smoke

Jul 12

2smoke says:

If money was no object...

It depends whether you read this as which bike would you have in your garage if money was no object, or which bike are you most likely to buy considering your bank balance. Also I see no all of the above option!?!

Reply to this Topic
pogo_it

Jul 05

pogo_it says:

bank balance dictates

Either k5 or 2005 zx10, although for some reason you can get a low mileage 2008 zx10 for about the same......

Reply to this Topic
JustBe

May 09

JustBe says:

hmm

The Honda, it's still the fastest track tool for every rider, you can get on it and do your the fastest time straight away. It might be dull like people say but it's the best, you give the bike a personality tbh. So many people I've seen on the BMW and they are useless as shit, they cannot corner properly, massive chicken strips, sitting all weird... When I did a novice track day I was on a 2003 ZX6R and was beating those people on BMWs, you can buy a fast bike all you like, if you cannot ride it properly or don't feel confident on it, it'll be a slow bike. The fastest guy there was on some old PoS, he had the talent to beat all of us but I think if you buy an expensive bike, you ride it slow because you're worried about how much it'll cost if you throw it down the road. I buy cheap bikes for like £1500-3000 so if I crash it, I'm not bothered, I can sell it and get most my money back or repair it.

Reply to this Topic
kennygorrie

Jul 08

kennygorrie says:

Justbe

Well I bought the BMW and ride the wheels of it on track, there ain't no chicken strips on it. Total weapon!!! Can't say I remember a fire blade going past me???

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Seeing the good old Gixxer K5 in that list makes me wonder WTF Suzuki are doing nowadays. I must admit i have never ridden a K5, but when it came out it was probably the best 1000 sportsbike in al the group tests. And it looked quite pretty as well. After that Suzuki seem to have lost the plot completely. Deep down, they know this in Hamamatsu. So i think the next Gixxer 1000 will be awsome!

Reply to this Topic
Chrisb970

Nov 11

Chrisb970 says:

Currently got the old mans R1 sitting the garage, bought it off him as he hardly ever used it! Mint condition, low mileage, an absolute beast of a bike to ride! However i struggle to get the most out of it. No doubt it was a game changer back before the millennium and i think it raised the bar and others had to play catch up, but i sometimes find it quite challenging to ride, it needs to be bullied. My last bike was a GSXR 750 K6 and i have to say that is the best bike i have ever ridden, filled me with so much confidence and even more when i wacked a pair of Pirelli Rosso Corsa's on it. Fantastic power delivery and response, handling was superb, it was like riding on rails. Suppose going from the K6 to the R1 i was quite spoilt with handling etc. Ridden the K5 and BMW and they were OK wouldn't go out and buy one as i didn't get the same feeling from the K6, but i suppose everybody has their own desired choice. If i was going to add to my garage i would go for k6 gixer 750 for now. Hoping to get a test ride in on the new MV F3 800 and see how that goes.

Reply to this Topic
2smoke

Jul 12

2smoke says:

Another question could be?

Which game changing sports bike would you buy that isn't on our list? For example an easy one could be a mint round headlight 1992 CBR900RR Fireblade in white/red/blue finish. That wouldn't look out of place in my dream collection. Any other suggestions?

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

2smoke

If you would have asked this question before you gave the answer? I would have come up with the same answer. That Blade is a classic. It does not have bucketloads of pony's but it's so verry light. Probably after the oil cooled Gixxers the most sought after bike for streetfighter projects. I reckon the 916 Ducati should be mentioned.

Reply to this Topic
gazed

Nov 06

gazed says:

Great allrounder

Ive been lucky enough to have owned first 4 out of the bikes featured,and can honestly say that for last 6 years of ownership the k5 is still fresh and more than plenty for real world biking. Many bikes have come and gone in my garage but still for me the Suzuki still makes me wonder why bother with anything else. I would recommend that anyone looking for a great sportsbike you can go to work ,tour and the racetrack , find a close to standard one and youll be delighted.Shame Suzuki hasnt kept up with the rest in recent years but at least Kawasaki with the latest ZX10r has put the buzz back into sportsbikes for the rider,

Reply to this Topic
chrisyzf

Nov 03

chrisyzf says:

Another Pointless Survey

there is only ONE I would have in my garage and it are not mentioned.

The earth shattering world changing RC30 probably the best bike ever made

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle