Skip to content

Ask an Expert Ducati Nightmare help and suggestions apperciated Legal

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Legal > Ducati Nightmare help and suggestions apperciated

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

ashleyf

Jul 13

ashleyf says:

Ducati Nightmare help and suggestions apperciated

I am not sure if anyone will be able to help me, but I am looking to get some advise in relation to a faulty Ducati Monster.

My bike has already been off the road for 4 months at the end of 2012, having extensive engine work. Since this work was completed the bike has done 700 miles and has been taken to Hyside in Essex, where problems were identified. I was advised the engine needed a further strip down. They have had the bike for over a month now and advised me they feel that they have done all they can after completing work suggested by Ducati. The fault still persists. My bike has been off the road for a total of 5 months. This has now been an ongoing problem when a noise from the engine originally developed in March/April 2012.

Ducati has told me I have to speak with my supplying dealer. My original supplying dealer P&H Motorcycles, has told me that Ducati will provide assistance in changing the bike for a new one and I would have to pay £2537 to swap for a new model. It seems unfair as the bike has been problematic for over 15 months and I have to pay for the privilege to in my view rectify the faulty bike on Ducati’s behalf.

I feel that I am backed into a corner here as this appears to be my only way out. If you were able to advise me on a course of action I would greatly appreciate it.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (18 July 2013 16:23)

Post a message in Legal

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jackinbox99

Aug 13

jackinbox99 says:

Ducati

I believe that you may have some recourse as the bike clearly isnt fit for the purpose it was sold as. But I expect this would involve putting a claim through small claims court, or using solicitors which will cost you money - Cititzens Advice would be the best people to speak to.

However, from my own personal experience I dont expect Ducati to do anything to help. I bought a brand new Ducati 748S once, costing 5 figures. After just 600 miles the engine blew up. So, obviously under warranty as it was a new bike I took it back to Ducati who didnt have a care in the world. As they make no money out of warranty repairs, they left my bike sitting there for 4 months as they rather make money servicing customers bikes - or at least thats what they told me. The bike was my sole means of transport to work & back and they offered no compensation, loan bike or hire car. I had to hire a car to use for those 4 months. When I went to pick the bike up, they had taken my Termignoni exhaust system off and put a standard one on by "accident". All in all I was amazed at how they couldnt give a monkey when you think how much money they charge for their bikes. What made me even more mad was that before I took it back to Ducati I actually went to my local bike mechanic who said he could fix the bike within 48 hours if i wanted. But as it was under warranty I didnt really have much choice but to go back to them.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices