You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Legal > Faulty new bike

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

craigj172

Jul 13

craigj172 says:

Faulty new bike

I have a new MP3 500 LT that has a missfire from new I returned it to the dealer but their reaction was awfull and they attempted to blame me for not riding the bike aggressively enough ( a joke I now ) so I took it to another main dealer who is trying to fix the issue but is having a problem getting the parts to fix it and its now been over a month,

I have attempted to contact Piaggio by their contact us but have no reply but they have passed my email address onto the company who does surveys on their behalf who are now spamming my inbox :( do you have any advice for me as I dont seem to be getting anywhere to make things worse I live over 30 mile from the dealers, This bike has cost me £6632 and £122 for a service so far an still does not work correct but I dont seem to be able to contact Piaggio at all.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 275 days ago (18 July 2013 19:03)

Post a message in Legal

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
shuggie1

Apr 07

shuggie1 says:

How long have you had it?

Try legal route and give dealer 7 days to fix or replace in writing, assuming misfire there from new.

If not fixed reject it.

Get legal advice if that unhappy 

Reply to this Topic
craigj172

Jul 13

craigj172 says:

Faulty new bike

Yep its been there from new and the issue is that the diag computer is showing a fault on the stator but they can  not get one from fowlers and from my experience of bikes it seems like the coil pack braking down it only does it if you rev it above 6K and only if its warm, the harder you ride it the worse it gets but the dealer I got it from PDI'ed the bike so bad I would not trust them to work on it at all, the dealer who is trying to fix it for me is fantastic but just not able to get the parts from piaggio and after attempting to contact Piaggio on their site the just ignore me :( I have only had it around 6 weeks.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle