Oct 10

GSX-R 1000 K2 OR SV650 K9

just needing a yes or no guys/girls
i have a 59 plate sv650 and want upgrade quality, can afford 02 geezer 1000
is it a good or bad move
opinions appreciated

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (18 July 2013 22:49)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

Buying

a gixxer can only ever be a good move. :winkie:

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

why would it be a bad move?

So long as you don't ride significantly beyond your limits on it then the GSXR1000 is a stonking option.

Reply to this Topic
slidersdown

Mar 07

slidersdown says:

gsxr

my first gsxr 1000 was the k2 and was a great bike, since had 3 more k4 k6 k8 love em you will love it too.

Reply to this Topic
tim8061

Apr 10

tim8061 says:

SV1000

If you like the SV you could upgrade to a nice SV1000S  - if the suspension, engine etc are upgraded they are a brilliant grunty v-twin. This one looks great

:smile

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

If

it's quality you want then the best I've ever had is Honda followed by BMW (ish), suzuki and then dribbling with a brain injury in the distance.... Piaggio.

EDIT: That said, I'm certainly not saying Suzukis are bad. It's a close run thing. The BMW is better in that the exhaust isn't even scarred from two winters but the Honda was in a class of its own. Even the throttle action felt classy in comparison.

Reply to this Topic
DangerousDieselDave

Oct 10

gixxer

fed up with high revs all the time and terrible vibration, but not much money to spend around 2800 so options limited

Reply to this Topic
geoffart

Apr 08

geoffart says:

GSXR

GSXR750 is what I'm getting. But I know a guy who rides a gsxr1000 and ive sat on it. nice bike too. Another cool option would be Aprilia Tuono 1000. Was just concerned about fuel... the states looked much worse than a gsxr!

Reply to this Topic
geoffart

Apr 08

geoffart says:

SV650 V GSXR1000?

That look's like two very different bikes?

One has 69bhp, the other 160bhp!  That's a very different animal.

If I were you I would definitely look at a GSX650f. Mine was a lovely bike, fantastic even. Comfort, sportiness (just enough), smooth and powerful (dependign on your definition of powerful). 85bhp its more powerful than an SV650.  Great for long distances. I cant praise the bike enough. The only problem I had with the bike was that it failed to withstand the full force of a 1.5 tone van being driven into the side of it, as did my ankle.  Otherwise I would be still riding it today. In the winter I made it right through a rural road that had been submerged in water from a flooded pond and the water had totally frozen into black ice... and I just kept riding over it around corners and the bike stayed up (somehow!). I was avoiding cars skidding left and right.

I'm looking for something more breath taking now. Something like the GSXR750 or 1000. Otherwise it would be the GSX650f every single time.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices