Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

TURBOTERRY

Jul 13

TURBOTERRY says:

META 357TV2

Hi just bought a trike fitted with Meta 357tv2
worked fine for 3/4 weeks , now it doesn't work at all
Used to set itself after turning off ignition , now doesn't , can start trike anytime but prob' not insured now as was condition to have this alarm ?
anyway phoned engineer who fitted it ( 19-05-12 ) who said of course " Never heard of that before ,try disconnecting the battery overnite & it will prob' sort itself out " Obviously didnt lol
Rang him again ,says sounds like its in garage mode
Anyone know how to get one 'out' of garage mode ?
Otherwise have to call Gap out s'pose:upset:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 July 2013 17:33)

Post a message in Bike accessories

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Not sure

does this help?

Reply to this Topic
TURBOTERRY

Jul 13

TURBOTERRY says:

meta

"not sure" ?mmmmmmmmmm
no that dont help lol:lol:

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

META 357TV2

As Preunit's link says, the Meta only sets the immobiliser automatically, not the alarm. That can be regarded as "garage mode," I suppose. If you want to have the alarm active you have to blip the key fob.

Are you saying you can start the trike without having to deactivate the immobiliser by blipping?

For at least a couple of months the 10 year old Meta 357T v2 on my R1 had been beeping four times ("low battery") when I set the alarm although the bike battery was fine. I ignored it until about ten days ago when I noticed all four indicators on constant glow after a ride. When I turned the ignition on to investigate there was a thick wisp of smoke coming from under the seat until the the in-line fuse blew. Ten minutes afterwards I was still able to start the bike intermittently but the indicators were always erratic. I didn't trust it not to cut out on me and later the bike was fully immobilised anyway.

Faced with tearing the loom apart to remove the alarm altogether, or paying someone else to do it, I discovered that Meta offer a replacement unit which just plugs in where the old one did, with no re-wiring. This sounded ideal (albeit with a £150 price) but I should have checked the multi-connector first because it had burnt out/ melted at the the 12V terminal. I'm hoping I can re-solder the offending terminal and get back on the road this weekend.

Look for chafed alarm/immobiliser wires and check the connection at the alarm.

Who or what is "Gap"?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices