Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha: No pressure on Jorge Lorenzo to race in Laguna Seca MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha: No pressure on Jorge Lorenzo to race in Laguna Seca

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew BIrt  says:

Yamaha: No pressure on Jorge Lorenzo to race in Laguna Seca

Injury ravaged reigning world champion Jorge Lorenzo did not decide to make a surprise return to MotoGP action in Laguna Seca because he was under pressure from Yamaha to remain in the 2013 title race.Lorenzo initially had ruled himself out of the California clash after he suffered a massive high-side crash in practice for the recent Sachsenring round in Germany.The...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 July 2013 08:56)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ColonelClaw

Nov 12

ColonelClaw says:

Oh really?

Yamaha to Jorge:

Totally your decision, but do you really want to get beaten to the championship by a kid who's barely old enough to shave?

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

hmmmmm

Maybe colin's team america with nicky might be a real possibility. Was reading on gp one jarvis saying that yamaha would allow team forward to pick their own riders, and that he had no problem if colin was one of them...hint hint. Yamaha is going to provide the team with engines, frames and swingarms. Plus they will have 24 sweet litres of fuel, and access to the sweet" extra soft " CRT tire. So basically they have a tech 3 bike...they will have to buy their own ohlins/brembos...i think tech 3 has to do that too...not positive but remember cal being bitter because dovi had the "new" brakes and team couldnt afford them for him. Id love to see nicky ride the yamaha. He deserves to feel what a good bike is like since 2005( 2006 he was forced to be test rider for 07 bike). 24 litres of fuel for a smoother ride, with a proper bike,albeit control ecu, with better tires...it will definitely be better than a factory ducati, thats for sure. Im also VERY curious to see if more fuel would allow the ducapi to run smoother,therefore less aggressive tire shredding power delivery, which would then push the front less so that it would turn, and also still have grip left at the end of the race. If it makes it better, maybe they will stop this foolishness of less and less fuel, in favour of a packed grid of competitive bikes....with all 5 manufacturers again...Suzuki would be ready next year if it wasnt for fuel efficiency problems....Give them gas I say! For want of a nail, and all that.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Has to race and to be fair is going very well. His 3 or 4 laps at the end of first practice on the harder tyre were right up there.. Either going to fade badly or another one of his acting worse than it is episodes followed by a great result.. Either way it's a hard track to ride injured... Marquez could be along way in front by the end of the weekend and Rossi breathing down Jorge's neck and clearly getting quicker every weekend. Few folk would look forward to that lot..

Reply to this Topic
VeritasH

Apr 13

VeritasH says:

I've not really seen any evidence of Rossi breathing down Jorges neck, not while Lorenzo is recovering from an injury. Unless you mean in the championship standings at the end of the race?

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Nominative determinism is alive and well Veritas..... Is there something else that matters???

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

''His doctors have advised him it would be better to rest and that is logical, but at the end of the day it is down to the rider and we support his choice.”

----------------------------------------------------------

Well go with the professional opinions and logic then Jarvis.................if you care about your employee.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

No pressure

Do they really know what makes a world champion tick !,The pressure from within will be enormous ,there is everything He craves at stake he wants that title make no mistake its only the men that want it badly enough that get near it ,good luck Jorge and Dani

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Stig

If I were you matey, I'd stick to your pathetic "Benny" stalking, 'cause any time you try and talk bikes you sound like a drooling moron. Read the article you stupid fuck!

Reply to this Topic
BarkerBill

Feb 12

BarkerBill says:

Doubtful Tom

Excerpt from your latest inane posting, ' you sound like a drooling moron'.

Self appraisal?

And the language.

Behave yourself!

Bill

Reply to this Topic
VeritasH

Apr 13

VeritasH says:

Hugelean: What I mean is, until I see them both uninjured against each other I'll reserve judgement. Obviously Jorge has been the better rider this year (well apart from falling off), lets see how the rest of it pans out.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices