Skip to content

General One minute you're up, next thing you know it's all gone to pot. General

You are in... Forums > General > General > One minute you're up, next thing you know it's all gone to pot.

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

One minute you're up, next thing you know it's all gone to pot.

Had a lovely day yesterday. Mr B and I went to a Triumph rally to meet up with Paul49. Spent most of the afternoon loafing about, looking at our bikes and catching up with all the chat as it's been a while since we've seen each other. I made myself at home and drank lots of his coffee. He was looking really well and it was so nice to spend some time with him again.It was a smashing day.

And just to show how fast it all turns round, I've spent my whole mornng in horrible A&E, in a surreal replay of the 60's where you see how many doctors you can fit into a small cubicle (as opposed to a telephone box, or a Mini) none of whom know what the cause of he big, sore lump that grew on my hand, almost overnight, might be.

Then, as nobody knew what to do, they decide to take it apart. With no anaesthetic, as I wanted to drive myself home. That smarted a bit. I took all the bits and bobs down to the lab myself, so at least I know the forms have been filled in properly and one of my workmates got the tests started right away.

So here we are, on the second day of my holiday, and not allowed to do any of the things I planned to do. I wanted to go swimming every day and ride my bike and do lots of gardening and lots and lots of other things. A bit of a contrast to yesterdays happiness. Still, could be worse. I see poor kcmc has had a bit of repair work done, which sounds much worse. Get well soon fella.

I will still be coming to the Super Sausage though. I reckon I'll be properly fit to ride by then. I am NOT going to miss that.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (21 July 2013 13:11)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

I doubt

she'd be driving herself home if it were anaphylaxis, lol.

Seriously though why don't you stop being greedy with the health problems and share them out a bit?

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

Beelady what ....

has happened to kcmc  then? He's still posting on the bike pics thread.:blink:.

Reply to this Topic
smidget

Nov 07

smidget says:

Beelady

hope it sorts itself out soon for you.

KC's a tough cobber so it'll be nothing to him I mean its only a bone graft and scaphoid repair.

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Nasty

Hopefully just a bad reaction to a bite. :upset:

Reply to this Topic
Anonymous

Anonymous  says:

KCMC ---Hi guys

and girls,had an off on a Yam WR450 about two years ago now,banged my wrist which swelled up a bit.Doctors said it was just sprained and didn't need an X-ray(did ask but got told it was just a waste of $70)two years later,was doing a training ride on my pushbike(keepin fit yea know:lol:)and the wrist swelled up like i had just injured it again.This time the doctors sent me for a cat scan,and then tell me my scaphoid has been broken for two years,the bone edges have died and i have three cysts in the bones ''fcukin great'' if they would have found it first time,i would have been put in plaster and it probably would have healed normally.But i have been riding and working on it all this time with pain and just doing lots of my own physio on it,funny thing was i just about got it good when it went pop again:wacko:.So Just had a three hour op,that should have been an hour tops to nail it back together,but because of the complications,they have taken the cyst out of the bones,took a bone graft out of another part of my wrist to fill the holes in,then  another bone graft out of my hip with a blood supply to feed the dying bone,that slots between the two pieces,then screw the lot back together,so in a wee bit of pain at the moment,but its comin good,doin as much physio as i can bear :tongue: see how thing go?    

Reply to this Topic
CB13

Apr 10

CB13 says:

Beelady...

sorry to hear of your trouble,hope all turns out ok and it's just a bad reaction to a pesky horsefly bite.

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Beelady

Hope your OK to rapped up in my own pain forgot to ask how yea goin:smilesorry----thanks Smidget me old pommie bastard :lol:

have a bit of trouble postin tonight,keeps sayin am anonymous?maybe i am:upset:

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Y'see

I would have been nice and shoved in into your thigh. No way I'm telling a man to bend over.

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Thanks

Rog :smile

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

poor you two

:upset:, hope you all recover quickly