Skip to content

Discuss This WSBK/WSS: Remainder of Moscow races cancelled due to accident. MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > WSBK/WSS: Remainder of Moscow races cancelled due to accident.

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Hunt  says:

WSBK/WSS: Remainder of Moscow races cancelled due to accident.

The remaining races for the weekend at the Moscow Raceway have been cancelled due to a tragic accident involving Go Elevent Supersport rider, Andrea Antonelli. The Italian rider fell on the final straight of the first lap of the World Supersport race - ran in severely wet conditions - and was unavoidably struck by Lorenzo Zanetti as he fell. Although there has been - as...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (21 July 2013 13:36)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
69Fastback

Apr 12

69Fastback says:

May I ask the Moderator to remove all the comments on this board! Also have a word with a certain poster below!

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Riding the great race circuit in the sky...

Andrea, I hope you are walking among the ultimate paddock in the sky. With the choice of every bike you've ever dreamed of.  That every other racer in that paddock is also a legend in their time - for all racers that past doing what they love are legends.  In any form of racing.  The party's will be awesome..... 

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

CoolHandBenny is an internet troll posting such revolting stuff to provoke a reaction.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Nice sentiments Shawno..

..very classy.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Not rubbish

But heart felt sorrow for the guys family and friends. But in the cold light of day how did his happen at one of the worlds newest tracks. Benny just for once don't be so aggressive. When a man dies for doing the sport we all love with a passion we should respect he feelings of others. Many will jump down your throat but I know ou are upset as much as the rest of us. Call me soppy but respect is the best we can show strangers at this bad time. It should never have happened so let's be reserved in our judgement until the time is right.

Reply to this Topic
phinmac

Nov 08

phinmac says:

Antonelli

My sincerest condolences to his family and friends.

Reply to this Topic
maculopathy

Mar 10

maculopathy says:

I have to agree with some of what benny has posted - I don't read any rider "hatred" into any of the posts, yes it is sad but no sadder than any other death - perhaps the fact it was on live TV increases the sense of loss to some ?? But it's all a bit false sounding - & talk of banning someone for expressing a view  that differs from your own ? c'mon, really.

Reply to this Topic
Bullshrimp

Apr 13

Bullshrimp says:

Benny's...

...comments are not without substance in my view. There are similar questions being asked elsewhere, mainly:

1. Why was the race started in conditions clearly unsuitable for motorcycle racing?

2. Why was the drainage so ineffective on a new purpose built race track?

3. Riders voiced concerns, why were they not listened to?

The Italian media are reporting that a safety commission (similar to the one they have in MotoGP) is to be looked at for WSB events, think we need to see this in place for the next round.

Like most I too am shocked and saddened by the incident yesterday but like Benny feel the sport has to learn from this one.....and fast.

Hope this view does not upset/offend anyone, there are times on here when posting manner can be 'questionable' but think these points should definitely not be swept under the carpet.

Again, condolences to the family and friends of Andrea Antonelli and anyone effected by this tragic incident.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Bulshrimp, he's just being sanctimonious at a time when it's not required...

...for his own self gratifying purposes. It's a dangerous sport and the riders recognise the risk. Did the weather have any bearing on Simoncelli or Tomizawa's respective accident's?.. was rain responsible for the death of Craig Jones or Norman Brown and Peter Huber?...He's a fool who just wants to be heard..

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

choices

all riders have a choice to race or not thats a fact, racing was deemed safe to race and they raced,with all respect just because petrucci posted it has not changed in any way what you first posted!!!which annoyed not just me a lot of other users!(read it again you heartless sh@t)and have a think why do you feel this is right and we should have to read it and put up with it!!!. your a disgraceful sad person. again respect to all who are affected by this loss.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices